COVID-19: Not a single fully-vaccinated person has died in J&K, reveals NHM data

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Delay in testing, hospitalisation proves fatal

Srinagar: Not even a single person from Jammu and Kashmir has died of Covid-19 after getting fully vaccinated and just seven percent of the people have died who have taken the first dose of the vaccination in around the last one month, reveals National Health Mission data.

As per the data available with the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), 93 per cent of those who died of Covid-19 in the last one month in Jammu and Kashmir had not received their vaccination, while the remaining 7 per cent were partially vaccinated.

“An analysis of Covid-19 mortality in J&K between April 15 and May 12 states that 93 per cent of positive critical cases who died in this period were unvaccinated, 7 per cent were partially vaccinated; hence, clearly establishing that vaccination hugely reduces chances of death,” the NHM said in a tweet.

As per the data, the delay in hospitalization and testing directly increases the likelihood of mortality in Covid cases around 46 per cent of deaths were of those cases that witnessed a delay in the process of hospitalization. “Don’t self-medicate at home and reach nearest hospital of your oxygen dips below 90,” the tweet reads further, adding that “ 49.37% of total deaths were those who arrived just <=3 days before in the hospital. So, DONT SELF MEDICATE AT HOME, reach ur nearest triage hospital as soon as Oxygen level dips below 90.” (KNO)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *