KNO

Two persons shot at in Srinagar, one dead

Two persons shot at in Srinagar, one dead

Srinagar: A civilian was shot dead while another was injured by terrorists in the Shaheed Gunj area of Srinagar, officials said. A top official told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that Amrit Paul Singh (31), a resident of Amritsar, Punjab, was fired upon by terrorists in the Shaheed Gunj area this evening, resulting in […]

 KNO

Gas Pipeline to Kashmir: Regulatory Body initiates bidding process to lay 325-km gas pipeline

Gas Pipeline to Kashmir: Regulatory Body initiates bidding process to lay 325-km gas pipeline

Proposed pipeline to originate from Gurdaspur-Jammu gas pipeline’s termination point Srinagar: In a significant move, the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) has commenced a bidding process for laying a 325-kilometre-long Jammu-Srinagar gas pipeline. Documents accessed by news agency KNO reveal that the Board has invited bids for grant of authorization for laying, building, […]

 KNO

Drone-dropping weapons case: NIA arrests 8th accused

Drone-dropping weapons case: NIA arrests 8th accused

Jammu: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Tuesday said to have arrested the 8th accused in the Pak-backed terrorism case involving the delivery of weapons through drones to militants active in Kashmir. A team from the NIA Jammu Branch nabbed 22-year-old Zakir Hussain of district Kathua, J&K, a statement issued to Kashmir News Observer (KNO) said. […]

 KNO

Antiviral drugs reduce risk of flu deaths: DAK

Antiviral drugs reduce risk of flu deaths: DAK

Srinagar: With a surge in the number of flu cases in Kashmir valley, Doctors Association Kashmir (DAK) on Friday urged doctors to prescribe antiviral drugs for flu patients. “Antiviral medication reduces the risk of flu deaths,” said influenza expert and DAK President Dr Nisar ul Hassan in a statement issued to Kashmir News Observer (KNO). […]

 KNO

NC’s Jaffar Akhone elected as CEC of Kargil Hill Council

NC’s Jaffar Akhone elected as CEC of Kargil Hill Council

Kargil: National Conference candidate, Dr Mohammad Jaffer Akhone was unanimously elected as chief executive councillor of the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council- Kargil on Wednesday. As per Kashmir News Observer (KNO), Jaffar Akhon, a former chief medical officer and brother of Qamar Ali Akhone, was elected unopposed as chairman-cum-CEC of the 5TH  Hill Council during […]

 KNO

Challenging detention order before execution prevents examination of evidence: J&K HC

Challenging detention order before execution prevents examination of evidence: J&K HC

Srinagar: The Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh High Court has observed that the challenge of detention orders through legal recourse prior to their execution effectively precludes the subsequent contention that such orders should be invalidated due to an absence of a “live link” between the present circumstances and the conditions prevalent at the time the […]

 KNO

‘International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction’: Experts call for increasing River Jhelum’s carrying capacity to 120,000 cusecs to prevent 2014-like floods

Srinagar: Completion of both phases of the Flood Mitigation Plan in Kashmir is a significant step towards minimising flood-related damages, but further measures are necessary for comprehensive protection, according to the experts. While the ongoing work in the tributaries of Jhelum is part of phase 2, the experts suggest increasing the carrying capacity of the […]

 KNO

J&K lost 30% of glaciers in 6 decades, last year saw record melting: Experts

J&K lost 30% of glaciers in 6 decades, last year saw record melting: Experts

Says 70% of glaciers will recede by end of this century if present melting pace persists

Srinagar: Call it an impact of global warming and related climate change, the melting of glaciers has gained pace in Kashmir Himalayas with experts warning that J&K has lost nearly 30 percent of its glacial mass in the past 60 years. They also warned that the remaining 70 percent of them will recede by the […]

 KNO

Passenger vehicle driver dies in Qamarwari accident

Passenger vehicle driver dies in Qamarwari accident

Srinagar: A driver of a passenger vehicle died in a road accident at Qamarwari area of Central Kashmir’s Srinagar district in the evening, officials said on Thursday. An official told Kashmir News Observer (KNO), that Mohammad Ashraf, a resident of Nawa Bazar Srinagar, a driver of a passenger vehicle was killed after his speeding Matador […]

 KNO

Rape accused arrested in Bandipora: Police

Rape accused arrested in Bandipora: Police

Bandipora: Jammu and Kashmir Police in Sumbal area of north Kashmir’s Bandipora district on Thursday arrested a rape accused in the district, officials said. A senior police officer told Kashmir News Observer (KNO), that following a written complaint from a family of a minor girl (name withheld) stating therein that she was raped by one […]

1 2 3 17