• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

North Korea announces dismantling of nuclear test site

Agencies by Agencies
May 13, 2018
in Latest News
A A
0
North Korea announces dismantling of nuclear test site
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Pyongyang: North Korea announced on Saturday that it will hold a ceremony for the dismantling of its nuclear test site on May 23-25, taking a step forward towards the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula.

“In accordance with the decision of the Third Plenary Meeting of the Seventh Central Committee of the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK), the Nuclear Weapon Institute and other concerned institutions are taking technical measures to dismantle the northern nuclear test ground of North Korea in order to ensure transparency of discontinuance of the nuclear test,” Xinhua cited Korean Central News Agency quoting the Foreign Ministry as saying.

More News

Kashmir records above normal temp as Srinagar sizzles at 31.5 C

KU extends deadline for B.Tech, M.Tech admission applications till May 21

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Load More

“A ceremony for dismantling the nuclear test ground is now scheduled between May 23 and May 25, depending on weather condition,” the statement said.

The ruling WPK said that the country will close its nuclear test ground and suspend missile tests in order to concentrate all the nation’s efforts on economic construction, during a plenary session chaired by the country’s top leader Kim Jong Un last month.

Pyongyang pledged to achieve complete denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula at a summit between Kim and South Korean President Moon Jae-in in the truce village Panmunjom on April 27.

The Blue House of South Korea said on April 29 that during the summit, Kim told Moon that he will shut down the nuclear test site and show the process to the world.

Pyongyang said on Saturday that it will detonate explosives in all tunnels of the test ground, completely block entrances, remove all observation facilities, research institutes and structures of guard units at the test-facility.

“In parallel with dismantlement of the nuclear test ground, guards and researchers will be withdrawn and the surrounding area of the test ground be completely closed,” the statement said.

Foreign journalists will be allowed to conduct on-location coverage, which the Foreign Ministry says will show transparency.

“In due consideration of small space of the test ground, journalists from other countries will be confined to those from China, Russia, the United States, the United Kingdom and South Korea,” said the statement.

“All international journalists will be provided with a charter flight from Beijing to Wonsan,” it said.

Saturday’s announcement came ahead of a scheduled summit between Kim and US President Donald Trump in Singapore on June 12.

Previous Post

Missing would be bride found murdered by her husband in Mohra Uri

Next Post

6 killed in Indonesia church bombings

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

Kashmir records above normal temp as Srinagar sizzles at 31.5 C

For the third day in a row, the Earth’s average temperature remained at a record high
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir witnessed hot and dry weather on Monday, with several places recording above normal temperatures, while the...

Read moreDetails

KU extends deadline for B.Tech, M.Tech admission applications till May 21

Kashmir University wins ‘GATI Achiever’ award
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: University of Kashmir has extended the last date for submission of online application forms for admission to B.Tech and...

Read moreDetails

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Police produces chargesheet in Bemina terrorist attack case
May 18, 2026

Srinagar:: The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Crime Branch J&K has filed a chargesheet against a former In-charge Superintendent Engineer...

Read moreDetails

Delhi HC grants Bail to MP Er Rashid to attend father’s funeral rites

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Delhi High Court on Monday granted interim bail to Baramulla MP Er Rashid to enable him to attend...

Read moreDetails

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar
May 18, 2026

Mumbai: The rupee opened on a weak note and slumped to an all-time low of 96.25 in early trade on...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
6 killed in Indonesia church bombings

6 killed in Indonesia church bombings

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.