• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Smith, Bancroft confirm they won’t appeal ban

Agencies by Agencies
April 5, 2018
in SPORTS
A A
0
Smith, Bancroft confirm they won’t appeal ban
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

SYDNEY: Steve Smith and Cameron Bancroft will not challenge the bans handed out to them by Cricket Australia for their roles in the ball-tampering scandal in South Africa.

“I meant what I said about taking full responsibility as captain of the team. I won’t be challenging the sanctions,” Smith said in a statement posted on Twitter on Wednesday. “They’ve been imposed by CA to send a strong message and I have accepted them.”

More News

KCFL football trials expand across Kashmir

Dr Shahid Iqbal felicitates Asian boxing champion Mohammad Yaseer

T20’s six-hitting era turns cricket bat-making into a science of precision and customisation

Load More

Smith, the top-ranked batsman in test cricket, was banned by Cricket Australia for 12 months after TV cameras spotted Bancroft using sandpaper to roughen one side of the ball during the third cricket test against South Africa in Cape Town last month. Vice-captain David Warner, found to be the instigator of a plot to tamper with the ball, was also suspended for 12 months. Bancroft received a nine-month ban.

In a teary news conference at the airport when he returned to Sydney last week after being sent home from Australia’s four-match tour, Smith apologized to all Australians for not doing enough to prevent the cheating plot.

He said he hoped to earn back the respect of fans and the rest of the country. After a few days to think it over, he announced his next move along the same lines via social media. “I would give anything to have this behind me and be back representing my country,” he tweeted.

Bancroft also made his announcement on Twitter. “Today I lodged the paperwork with Cricket Australia and will be accepting the sanction handed down,” Bancroft tweeted. “I would love to put this behind me and will do whatever it takes to earn back the trust of the Australian public. Thank you to all those who have sent messages of support.”

 

Previous Post

JNUSU petitions Lok Sabha seeking to restore reservation policy

Next Post

IGP Kashmir visits Downtown, Srinagar

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

KCFL football trials expand across Kashmir

KCFL football trials expand across Kashmir
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Monday continued its Valley-wide football talent identification drive under the Kashmir Champions Football...

Read moreDetails

Dr Shahid Iqbal felicitates Asian boxing champion Mohammad Yaseer

Dr Shahid Iqbal felicitates Asian boxing champion Mohammad Yaseer
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Commissioner Secretary, Youth Services and Sports Shahid Iqbal Choudhary on Monday felicitated young boxer Mohammad Yaseer for winning a...

Read moreDetails

T20’s six-hitting era turns cricket bat-making into a science of precision and customisation

May 18, 2026

New Delhi:  Cricket's relentless shift towards power-hitting has sparked a quiet revolution far from the spotlight inside bat manufacturing units,...

Read moreDetails

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Indian-Australian endurance athlete Om Satija on Sunday completed his ambitious 5,000-kilometre “One India Run” campaign after reaching Srinagar, marking...

Read moreDetails

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Downtown Srinagar on Sunday witnessed the return of the iconic Khyber Run for Shahr-e-Khaas after a gap of nearly...

Read moreDetails

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Department of Youth Services and Sports on Saturday reviewed sports infrastructure projects, youth engagement programmes and district action...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
IGP Kashmir visits Downtown, Srinagar

IGP Kashmir visits Downtown, Srinagar

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.