• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, May 22, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home CITY & TOWNS

After 2 failures, ISRO to attempt PSLV launch in June: Jitendra Singh

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 3, 2026
in CITY & TOWNS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:  Union Science and Technology Minister Jitendra Singh on Monday said ISRO will attempt another launch of its workhorse rocket PSLV in June after two back-to-back failures, ruling out suggestions of sabotage.

Addressing a press conference here, Singh said the reasons for the failure of the launches of PSLV C61 and PSLV-C62 missions in May last year and in January respectively were not the same.

More News

LG reviews plans for International Museum of Goddess at Katra

Deputy CM inaugurates Drugmulla-Hatmulla bridge during Handwara tour

Sakeena Itoo inaugurates PGRP Conclave-2026 at GDC Srinagar

Load More

“What happened last time has not happened now,” Singh said, referring to the two successive failures of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV), which boasts of a success rate of over 90 per cent.

Giving an analogy of an electric bulb, the minister said, “Last time a bulb fused, this time there was a tripping outside.”

“As of now, we have not come across any such report,” Singh said to a question on whether he suspected sabotage as the reason for successive failures in strategic missions.

Besides the two PSLV failures, a navigation satellite, NVS-02, launched by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) last year failed to reach its desired orbit due to the malfunction of valves in the spacecraft’s thrusters.

“Our probable next date which we are very ambitiously targeting is in June, if we move as we have after screening the report of the committee, rectifying everything and certifying ourselves. There is always a last-minute change happening due to many imponderables,” the minister said.

He said that separate internal and external failure assessment committees have been set up to analyse what went wrong in each of the missions.

Singh asserted that all the successive failures have not dented the trust in ISRO and its launch vehicles and foreign customers have not withdrawn their plans to send satellites on ISRO rockets.

“Now, the question of credibility and private investors. We live in an evidence-based era.

“I will tell you, this year we have 18 launches scheduled, of which six are private. None of them has withdrawn its request to launch. Which means, they still trust us,” the minister said.

Singh said ISRO rockets have three big launches from foreign countries – Japan, the US and France – scheduled for next year.

“None of them have shown any apprehension, because those who are in the business of space understand our capacity, our resilience and our confidence better,” the minister said.

Previous Post

Div Com Kashmir, Dir Sericulture unveil SILK KASH-Quarterly Journal 2026

Next Post

Army inaugurates high-mast tricolour at Rajouri’s Usman Memorial

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

LG reviews plans for International Museum of Goddess at Katra

LG chairs 7th J&K UT Wildlife Board Meeting
May 22, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Thursday chaired a high-level meeting to discuss the establishment of a state-of-the-art International Museum...

Read moreDetails

Deputy CM inaugurates Drugmulla-Hatmulla bridge during Handwara tour

Deputy CM inaugurates Drugmulla-Hatmulla bridge during Handwara tour
May 22, 2026

Handwara: Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Choudhary on Thursday conducted an extensive tour of Handwara in Kupwara district to review developmental...

Read moreDetails

Sakeena Itoo inaugurates PGRP Conclave-2026 at GDC Srinagar

Sakeena Itoo inaugurates PGRP Conclave-2026 at GDC Srinagar
May 22, 2026

Srinagar: Minister for Health and Medical Education, Social Welfare and Education Sakeena Itoo on Thursday inaugurated the Post Graduate Research...

Read moreDetails

Div Com Kashmir reviews preparations for SANJY-2026

Div Com Kashmir reviews preparations for SANJY-2026
May 22, 2026

Srinagar: Divisional Commissioner Kashmir Anshul Garg on Thursday chaired a high-level meeting to review preparations for the annual Shri Amarnath...

Read moreDetails

National conclave on Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) 2.0 concludes in New Delhi

May 22, 2026

New Delhi: A two-day national review meeting and conclave on Swachh Bharat Mission Urban 2.0 concluded in New Delhi with...

Read moreDetails

Secretary RDD stresses ‘quality jobs’ for rural youth under DDU-GKY 2.0

Secretary RDD stresses ‘quality jobs’ for rural youth under DDU-GKY 2.0
May 22, 2026

Srinagar: Secretary, Rural Development Department and Panchayati Raj Mohammad Aijaz Asad on Thursday stressed the need for ensuring quality and...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Army inaugurates high-mast tricolour at Rajouri’s Usman Memorial

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.