• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

In Islam, women are equal to men: Saudi Crown Prince

Agencies by Agencies
March 20, 2018
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
In Islam, women are equal to men: Saudi Crown Prince
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp
Prince Mohammed bin Salman

Washington, Mar 19: Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has said that women are “absolutely” equal to men as he is set to arrive in the US on Monday during which he will meet President Donald Trump and tour a number of American cities.

On Sunday, CBS News programme “60 Minutes” aired an episode about the 32-years-old prince and where he hopes to take Saudi Arabia.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

When asked if women were equal to men, the Crown Prince said: “Absolutely. We are all human beings and there is no difference.

“We have extremists who forbid mixing between the two sexes and are unable to differentiate between a man and a woman alone together and their being together in a work place. Many of those ideas contradict the way of life during the time of the Prophet (pbuh),” he said.

The prince acknowledged Saudi society was dominated by particularly harsh strain of conservative Islam, which he traces back to 1979, the year of the Islamic Revolution in Iran and the seizure by extremists of the Grand Mosque in Makkah.

“We were victims, especially my generation that suffered from this a great deal,” he said.

“This is not the real Saudi Arabia. I would ask your viewers to use their smart phones to find out. And they can google Saudi Arabia in the 70s and 60s, and they will see the real Saudi Arabia easily in the pictures.

“We were living a very normal life like the rest of the Gulf countries.

“Women were driving cars. There were movie theaters in Saudi Arabia. Women worked everywhere. We were just normal people developing like any other country in the world until the events of 1979.”

Admitting that Osama bin Laden had tainted Saudi Arabia’s image in the West, Prince Mohammed claimed that was what the former Al Qaeda chief had aimed to do.

“Osama bin Laden recruited 15 Saudis in the 9/11 attacks with a clear objective,” he said. “According to the CIA documents and Congressional investigations, Osama bin Laden wanted to create a schism between the Middle East and the West, between Saudi Arabia and the United States of America.”

He defended at length his anti-corruption purge which saw many of the Kingdom’s princes and tycoons detained for several weeks inside Riyadh’s luxurious Ritz-Carlton hotel that is widely seen as an attempt to cement his grip on power.

“What we did in Saudi Arabia was extremely necessary and legal,” he said.

He said he was able to recover more than “$100 billion” of ill-gotten wealth from the detainees, but added: “The idea is not to get money, but to punish the corrupt and send a clear signal that whoever engages in corrupt deals will face the law.”

A ‘New York Times’ report published last week claimed that prominent Saudis held in the purge were subjected to coercion and physical abuse, describing fear and uncertainty even after their release.

Subsequently, the Human Rights Watch (HRW) called on Saudi Arabia to “immediately investigate the claims that authorities physically mistreated or coerced prominent people detained in November 2017 and hold those responsible to account.”

The prince has been accused of hypocrisy over his opulent lifestyle at a time his government is preaching greater austerity of its citizens and has imposed new taxes.

He was recently revealed as the owner of a French chateau described as the world’s most expensive home, according to a report in ‘The New York Times’.

But he insisted his wealth was a private matter. “As far as my private expenses, I’m a rich person and not a poor person. I’m not Gandhi or Mandela.”

He added: “But what I do as a person is to spend part of my personal income on charity. I spend at least 51 percent on people and 49 on myself.”

As heir to the throne after his father King Salman dies, the young prince could be set to rule the Kingdom for the next half-century or more.

Asked what could stop him, he replied: “Only death.”

Previous Post

India summons Pak envoy, protests civilian killings

Next Post

Govt attaches BMO Budgam over salary scam

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Govt attaches BMO Budgam over salary scam

Govt attaches BMO Budgam over salary scam

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.