• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Marsh to open alongside Head in T20 World Cup

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
August 9, 2025
in SPORTS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Darwin (Australia): Captain Mitchell Marsh has confirmed he will open the batting alongside Travis Head for the “foreseeable future” as Australia lock in a key combination ahead of next year’s T20 World Cup.

Marsh’s promotion to No. 3 ahead of the 2021 T20 World Cup had proved decisive, as he starred in the final with a player-of-the-match performance to help Australia secured their maiden title.

More News

KCFL football trials expand across Kashmir

Dr Shahid Iqbal felicitates Asian boxing champion Mohammad Yaseer

T20’s six-hitting era turns cricket bat-making into a science of precision and customisation

Load More

Now leading the T20I side, the 33-year-old said he will stay at the top of the order after opening in all five matches against the West Indies last month, having done so only once before the tour of the Caribbean.

“It’ll be myself and Heady up the top for the foreseeable future,” Marsh told reporters on Friday, ahead of the three-match T20I series against South Africa.

“Obviously we’ve played a lot together, (we’ve) got a great relationship, so (we’ll) start there.

“As a group leading into the World Cup the messaging has been about requiring guys to be flexible,” he added.

While Marsh and Head are yet to open together in T20Is, they boast an outstanding record as an ODI pairing, scoring 282 runs in five innings at a superb 70.50 average.

Since David Warner’s retirement post the T20 World Cup last year, Australia have tried multiple openers, including Matthew Short, Glenn Maxwell, Jake Fraser-McGurk.

India and Sri Lanka will co-host the T20 World Cup next year in February.

The all-rounder added that he will not be rolling his arm over as he continues to be cautious following his back issues that have troubled him earlier this year.

“For me, the bowling is currently offline, but it is certainly not offline forever,” Marsh said.

“At this stage it will be series by series (and) we have plenty of options. We have 15 games to the World Cup, so we will keep working on the style we want to play (and) make sure our guys are enjoying every bit of it.”

Previous Post

RG Kar crime anniversary: Violence and ‘police excesses’ sully justice march to Nabanna

Next Post

Australia A inflict 114-run defeat on India A in second Women’s T20

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

KCFL football trials expand across Kashmir

KCFL football trials expand across Kashmir
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Monday continued its Valley-wide football talent identification drive under the Kashmir Champions Football...

Read moreDetails

Dr Shahid Iqbal felicitates Asian boxing champion Mohammad Yaseer

Dr Shahid Iqbal felicitates Asian boxing champion Mohammad Yaseer
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Commissioner Secretary, Youth Services and Sports Shahid Iqbal Choudhary on Monday felicitated young boxer Mohammad Yaseer for winning a...

Read moreDetails

T20’s six-hitting era turns cricket bat-making into a science of precision and customisation

May 18, 2026

New Delhi:  Cricket's relentless shift towards power-hitting has sparked a quiet revolution far from the spotlight inside bat manufacturing units,...

Read moreDetails

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Indian-Australian endurance athlete Om Satija on Sunday completed his ambitious 5,000-kilometre “One India Run” campaign after reaching Srinagar, marking...

Read moreDetails

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Downtown Srinagar on Sunday witnessed the return of the iconic Khyber Run for Shahr-e-Khaas after a gap of nearly...

Read moreDetails

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Department of Youth Services and Sports on Saturday reviewed sports infrastructure projects, youth engagement programmes and district action...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Australia A inflict 114-run defeat on India A in second Women's T20

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.