• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

NEET paper leak: CBI, govt officials apprise Par panel of steps taken to prevent leakage in June 21 retest

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 30, 2026
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
CBI books ARSS Infrastructure for cheating Central Bank of India
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:  CBI Director Praveen Sood on Friday apprised a parliamentary panel about the progress made in the probe into the NEET-UG paper leak case and the steps being taken to arrest all those behind the leakage.

Top officials of the Union Education Ministry led by Higher Education Secretary Vineet Joshi, NTA Director General Abhishek Singh and officials of the National Medical Commission (NMC) including its chairman Abhijat Chandrakant Sheth also appeared before the panel.

More News

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Load More

Sources said the officials informed the Parliament’s Committee on Government Assurances about the steps being taken to ensure transparency in the June 21 NEET-UG retest to prevent any leakage or malpractice.

The panel had summoned officials of the ministry, the National Testing Agency (NTA), NMC and the CBI to appear before it in connection with the assurances given to Parliament by the government on the conduct of examinations by the testing agency.

According to the sources, the committee told the officials to ensure that the seat matrix of medical admissions is not disturbed and counselling of students qualifying for admissions to medical colleges is held in time.

The seat matrix outlines the distribution of available medical and super-specialty seats across the country. It also classifies seats by quota and the student category.

The CBI director informed the panel members on the progress made by the probe agency into the paper leak case, the number of persons arrested so far and the steps being taken to arrest the remaining accused, the sources said.

The ministry officials also informed the panel about the steps being taken by the government to ensure fairness in the conduct of the NEET-UG on June 21.

Committee chairperson M Thambidurai did not say anything on what happened at the meeting, saying the proceedings of the panel were confidential.

The NEET-UG for admissions into medical courses took place on May 3 this year but was cancelled by the NTA on May 12 amid allegations of a paper leak. The CBI is currently investigating this matter, and a retest is scheduled for June 21.

The committee summoned the officials as the government had given an assurance in the Rajya Sabha in reply to an unstarred question dated November 27, 2024, regarding “Conduct of Examination by NTA”.

In its written reply to the question in November 2024, the Education Ministry had stated that as informed by the NTA, contracts for conducting examinations are awarded to agencies “as per the extant rules, orders and guidelines issued by the Government of India”.

The ministry had also informed the House that complaints against vendors are dealt with in accordance with the terms and conditions laid down in the work order or tender document and action ranges “from deduction of payment to debarment” upon ascertaining deficiency of service.

On the NEET-UG 2024 paper leak case, the ministry had said the CBI was conducting a “comprehensive investigation into the entire gamut of alleged irregularities including conspiracy, cheating, breach of trust etc.” and had filed five chargesheets against 45 accused as on November 22, 2024.

In response to another question by Jose K Mani on the issue of NEET-UG paper leak in 2024, the government had also informed Rajya Sabha that after conducting the NEET-UG 2024 examination, certain cases of alleged irregularities/cheating/malpractices were reported.

The government had also said in Rajya Sabha that to suggest effective measures for transparent, smooth and fair conduct of examinations by the NTA, the Ministry of Education has constituted a seven-member high-level committee of experts headed by Dr K Radhakrishnan, former ISRO chairman.

 

Previous Post

Press Council invites claims for 15th-term reconstitution

Next Post

NIA conducts multi-state searches to probe smuggling of arms, ammunition from Pak

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

   Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Security forces on Saturday intensified search operations to track down the assailants who killed two migrant labourers in Kulgam...

Read moreDetails

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

CM calls for depiction of cultural identity in new infrastructure at JK House properties across India
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday announced an ex-gratia relief of Rs 10 lakh each for the kin of...

Read moreDetails

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Locomotive of Jammu-bound train detaches from coaches in Punjab
August 2, 2026

Jammu: The Northern Railway operated three special trains in J&K on Saturday and successfully transported around 2,200 passengers stranded due...

Read moreDetails

Condemning Kulgam terror attack, Farooq Abdullah questions timing of attack; seeks probe

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 2, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Saturday condemned the Kulgam terror attack that left two migrant workers dead but...

Read moreDetails

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Saturday handed over appointment letters on compassionate grounds to the son of a head...

Read moreDetails

No society prospers on govt jobs alone: CM

Following KI report on Srinagar Smart City fiasco, CM announces inquiry
August 2, 2026

Bengaluru:  Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said no society had ever become prosperous solely through government employment or public...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
NIA arrests key accused in J&K ‘narco-terror nexus’ case

NIA conducts multi-state searches to probe smuggling of arms, ammunition from Pak

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.