• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, May 24, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

PCB advises Fakhar Zaman against hasty ODI retirement decision

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 26, 2025
in SPORTS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Karachi:  Pakistan Cricket Board has advised Fakhar Zaman to reconsider any hasty plans of retirement from ODI cricket after reports emerged that the experienced opener was contemplating quitting the format following his injury-enforced exclusion from the Champions Trophy.

According to sources, Fakhar, who was sidelined from the ICC event after sustaining an injury in the opening game against New Zealand, is contemplating retiring from ODIs to focus on T20 cricket.

More News

Net bowlers: The unseen architects of IPL batting fireworks

PBKS seek dramatic turnaround to keep playoff hopes alive against struggling LSG

Vijay Shankar retires from domestic cricket and IPL to pursue new opportunities

Load More

“He is basically upset and down because of his recent fitness and health issues,” a source close to the batsman said.

The left-handed opener, who made his return to the national squad after a lengthy absence following the 2023 World Cup, has been grappling with multiple fitness setbacks.

It is understood that Fakhar wishes to retire from 50-over cricket in order to prolong his career and focus exclusively on T20 formats.

Fakhar, who has not played Test cricket for Pakistan since early 2019, is primarily regarded as a white-ball specialist.

“He has had some constant health issues which have affected him physically and mentally and he has also had to deal with a chronic knee problem since 2022. He feels best to just focus on the T20 format,” the source added.

But a reliable source in the PCB said Fakhar had been conveyed that he should not take any decision in haste.

“He has been advised to take a break and first get completely fit and healthy before he makes any decision.”

“Fakhar has been told after that he can take a decision on his ODI career but to do nothing in frustration or haste,” he added.

Fakhar was notably excluded from the PCB’s central contracts list for the 2024/25 season and faced a show cause notice from the board last year when he tweeted on Babar Azam’s selection issues.

With the tour to New Zealand scheduled for March-April and the Pakistan Super League (PSL) approaching, Fakhar is racing against time to regain full fitness.

Fakhar, who turns 35 in April, has played 86 ODIs, scoring 11 hundreds and 92 T20 Internationals and three Tests.

 

 

 

 

Previous Post

DECIPHER THE PROGRAMMING OF DNA

Next Post

Australia spinner Matthew Kuhnemann’s bowling action cleared by ICC

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Net bowlers: The unseen architects of IPL batting fireworks

Net bowlers: The unseen architects of IPL batting fireworks
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: The towering sixes, audacious scoops and last-over carnage that define the Indian Premier League are often rehearsed far...

Read moreDetails

PBKS seek dramatic turnaround to keep playoff hopes alive against struggling LSG

PBKS seek dramatic turnaround to keep playoff hopes alive against struggling LSG
May 23, 2026

Lucknow:  Punjab Kings will need something spectacular to arrest a disastrous slide and keep their fading playoff hopes alive when...

Read moreDetails

Vijay Shankar retires from domestic cricket and IPL to pursue new opportunities

May 23, 2026

New Delhi:  India all-rounder Vijay Shankar on Friday announced retirement from domestic cricket and Indian Premier League (IPL) to "pursue...

Read moreDetails

Anti-Doping Act set to be amended; Ministry proposes five-year jail for suppliers of banned drugs

Anti-Doping Act set to be amended; Ministry proposes five-year jail for suppliers of banned drugs
May 21, 2026

New Delhi: The recently-amended National Anti-Doping Act will be modified once again to criminalise trafficking and distribution of prohibited substances...

Read moreDetails

Commonwealth Games Day to be celebrated across India on May 24

Commonwealth Games Day to be celebrated across India on May 24
May 21, 2026

New Delhi: Shooter Anjum Modgil and badminton player Trupti Murgunde will be among the sporting stars in attendance when the...

Read moreDetails

Discus thrower Banvir banned for 7 years, Harendra gets second 4-year suspension

May 21, 2026

New Delhi: Discus thrower Banvir Singh has been banned for seven years by the the National Anti-Doping Agency's Appeal Panel...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Australia spinner Matthew Kuhnemann's bowling action cleared by ICC

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.