• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, May 24, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Australia spinner Matthew Kuhnemann’s bowling action cleared by ICC

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 26, 2025
in SPORTS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Melbourne:  Australia’s left-arm spinner Matthew Kuhnemann, who was reported for an illegal bowling action during the second Test against Sri Lanka last month, has been cleared by the ICC after undergoing extensive testing in Brisbane.

The development means Kuhnemann will be able to resume playing for Australia in the Test tour of the Caribbean scheduled later this year.

More News

Net bowlers: The unseen architects of IPL batting fireworks

PBKS seek dramatic turnaround to keep playoff hopes alive against struggling LSG

Vijay Shankar retires from domestic cricket and IPL to pursue new opportunities

Load More

“Kuhnemann’s action has now been deemed to be legal and the left-arm spinner will continue to bowl in international cricket,” the ICC said in a statement.

The 28-year-old Kuhnemann had undergone an independent bowling assessment at the National Cricket Centre in Brisbane, where it was revealed that the amount of elbow extension for all his deliveries was within the 15-degree level of tolerance permitted under the ICC Illegal Bowling Regulations, the apex body said.

Despite being called for his action, Kuhnemann played a pivotal role in Australia’s 2-0 series victory in Sri Lanka, bagging 16 wickets at an average of 17.18.

Cricket Australia (CA), on its part, too said Kuhnemann is now free to continue playing international cricket.

Ben Oliver, CA executive general manager national teams, said: “We are pleased for Matt that this matter is now resolved. It has been a challenging period for Matt however he has carried himself exceptionally well.

“He has had the full support of Australian cricket and he can now move forward to the next phase of his international career with great confidence.”

After the Test series in Sri Lanka, match officials asked for an independent assessment of Kuhnemann’s bowling action.

The ICC allows bowlers a maximum of 15 degrees of flex in their bowling arm, and anything beyond that is deemed illegal.

The spinner, who made his Test debut for Australia in 2023, has 25 wickets to his name so far from five matches.

Kuhnemann will be available for selection for the three-Test series in the West Indies across June and July.

Previous Post

PCB advises Fakhar Zaman against hasty ODI retirement decision

Next Post

Gill consolidates top spot in ICC ODI rankings, Kohli reenters top five

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Net bowlers: The unseen architects of IPL batting fireworks

Net bowlers: The unseen architects of IPL batting fireworks
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: The towering sixes, audacious scoops and last-over carnage that define the Indian Premier League are often rehearsed far...

Read moreDetails

PBKS seek dramatic turnaround to keep playoff hopes alive against struggling LSG

PBKS seek dramatic turnaround to keep playoff hopes alive against struggling LSG
May 23, 2026

Lucknow:  Punjab Kings will need something spectacular to arrest a disastrous slide and keep their fading playoff hopes alive when...

Read moreDetails

Vijay Shankar retires from domestic cricket and IPL to pursue new opportunities

May 23, 2026

New Delhi:  India all-rounder Vijay Shankar on Friday announced retirement from domestic cricket and Indian Premier League (IPL) to "pursue...

Read moreDetails

Anti-Doping Act set to be amended; Ministry proposes five-year jail for suppliers of banned drugs

Anti-Doping Act set to be amended; Ministry proposes five-year jail for suppliers of banned drugs
May 21, 2026

New Delhi: The recently-amended National Anti-Doping Act will be modified once again to criminalise trafficking and distribution of prohibited substances...

Read moreDetails

Commonwealth Games Day to be celebrated across India on May 24

Commonwealth Games Day to be celebrated across India on May 24
May 21, 2026

New Delhi: Shooter Anjum Modgil and badminton player Trupti Murgunde will be among the sporting stars in attendance when the...

Read moreDetails

Discus thrower Banvir banned for 7 years, Harendra gets second 4-year suspension

May 21, 2026

New Delhi: Discus thrower Banvir Singh has been banned for seven years by the the National Anti-Doping Agency's Appeal Panel...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Gill consolidates top spot in ICC ODI rankings, Kohli reenters top five

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.