• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, February 22, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Govt suspends 70 lakh mobile numbers due to suspicious activity: DFS Secretary

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
November 28, 2023
in Latest News
A A
0
Govt asks retailers not to insist on mobile number of customers for providing services
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:  To check digital frauds, the government has suspended 70 lakh mobile numbers on account of suspicious transactions, Financial Services Secretary Vivek Joshi said on Tuesday.

Emerging from a meeting to discuss issues related to financial cyber security and increasing digital payment fraud, Joshi said banks have been asked to strengthen the system and processes in this regard.

More News

Traffic court sentences father after his minor son was found driving vehicle in violation of law

Hideout busted in Poonch; pistol, other logistic stores seized

IED defused in Ganderbal

Load More

More such meetings would take place, he said, adding the next meeting is scheduled in January.

With regard to Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) fraud, he said states have been asked to look into the issue and ensure data protection.

He also said that there was a discussion with regard to KYC standardisation of merchants.

The meeting chaired by the Financial Services Secretary also deliberated on how to ensure better coordination among various agencies to check cyber fraud.

Joshi said there was a need to create awareness about cyber fraud in society to protect gullible customers from being duped.

During the meeting, the Indian Cyber Crime Co-ordination Centre made a presentation on the latest statistics of digital payment frauds as reported in National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal (NCRP), including challenges and issues faced in countering such issues.

The meeting was attended by senior officials of the Department of Economic Affairs, Department of Revenue, Department of Telecom, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Telecom Regulatory Authority of India and National Payments Corporation of India.

The meeting assumes significance in view of digital fraud witnessed by UCO Bank and Bank of Baroda in the recent past.

Earlier this month, Kolkata-based public sector lender UCO Bank reported erroneous credit of Rs 820 crore to account holders of the bank via Immediate Payment Service (IMPS).

During November 10-13, the bank observed, due to technical issues in IMPS, certain transaction(s) initiated by holders of other banks have resulted in credit to the account holders in UCO Bank without actual receipt of money from these banks.

IMPS is a real-time interbank electronic funds transfer system without any intervention.

The bank blocked the recipients’ accounts and has been able to recover Rs 649 crore of the Rs 820 crore, or about 79 per cent of the amount.

The state-owned bank is yet to clarify whether this technical glitch was due to human error or a hacking attempt.

However, the bank has reported the matter to the law enforcement agencies for necessary action.

Previous Post

CS, Secy DARPG release case studies of Good Governance Initiatives

Next Post

2 arrested with arms, ammunition in Kupwara: Army

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Traffic court sentences father after his minor son was found driving vehicle in violation of law

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
February 22, 2026

Srinagar: The Special Mobile Magistrate (Traffic court) in Srinagar on Friday directed a guardian to execute a bond of Rs...

Read moreDetails

Hideout busted in Poonch; pistol, other logistic stores seized

Hideout busted in Poonch; pistol, other logistic stores seized
February 22, 2026

Jammu: The army on Saturday busted a terrorist hideout in a remote village in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

IED defused in Ganderbal

IED recovered, destroyed in Rajouri
February 22, 2026

Srinagar: Security forces on Saturday destroyed an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) they detected in Ganderbal district, officials said. The IED...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha administers oath to Shantmanu as J&K State Election Commissioner

LG Sinha administers oath to Shantmanu as J&K State Election Commissioner
February 21, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Manoj Sinha, on Saturday administered the oath of office to Shantmanu as the...

Read moreDetails

7 CRPF men injured in road accident

4 killed, 3 injured after vehicle skids of road in Ramban
February 21, 2026

Srinagar: Seven Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were injured when their vehicle lost control and fell into a river...

Read moreDetails

Medical college admission fraud case: Four persons booked for cheating

Tampering with smart meters: Govt mulls to lodge FIR against 272 consumers in Sgr
February 21, 2026

Srinagar, Feb 20: The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Crime Branch Kashmir has booked four persons for cheating and...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
7 including sarpanch, 2 panchs arrested in Rajouri

2 arrested with arms, ammunition in Kupwara: Army

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.