• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

New initiatives have made Hajj easy for women, senior citizens: Safina Baig

Majid Kapra by Majid Kapra
February 12, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0

Safina Beig

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Chairperson, Jammu and Kashmir Hajj Committee, Safina Baig Saturday said the nodal ministry has taken some excellent measures to make the holy trip easy for the women and senior citizens this year.

Addressing a news conference here, Baig said there will be no bar for people above 65 years of age as the Hajj Committee of India (HCOI) has withdrawn the upper-age limit for making the holy trip to Makkah and Madina.

More News

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG

Labourers’ killers’ names must be revealed: Farooq Abdullah

Sharda to Sansad: LG urges scholars, teachers, artists to invest in preserving India’s civilizational heritage

Load More

She said the Hajj Committee of India has also approved ‘group pilgrimage’ for women in absence of their ‘Mehram’.  She said the initiatives taken by the Union Ministry for Minority Affairs, also a nodal agency to conduct the Hajj pilgrimage, are appreciable.

“I welcome these people-friendly initiatives of the government. The Hajj Committee of India has taken a slew of measures to make the holy trip easy for senior citizens and women this year,” she said.

JKHC chairperson also said a male having performed Hajj through HCOI in the past, can also now accompany their spouses, who are yet to accomplish the dream.

“Women who haven’t yet performed the Hajj can now be accompanied by their spouses, even if they may have already performed the holy pilgrimage through HCOI in the past,” she said, while pointing out that this provision was not there previously.

She also congratulated the government for “ending the VIP culture” in the country, saying rich or poor, everyone will be equally treated henceforth. She said the Centre has done away with the discretionary Haj quota for pilgrims, keeping in view Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “resolve to end VIP culture” in the country.

“We used to have some additional quota which generally goes up to 6,000 in J&K being a Muslim majority area, but now we are mulling to make it 10,000. There are so many new things added in the policy by the government,” Baig said, adding there will be no bar for the people above 65 years of age to go on the pilgrimage as the government has withdrawn the upper-age limit.

She also said those wishing to leave for the Hajj can avail the online form free of cost and if anyone faces any problems, he/she could also get a hard copy from Hajj House.

She also said that those facing problems in getting their passports or whose travel documents have expired could also contact the Hajj House officials for assistance.

Previous Post

Govt launches exchange programme for designers, craftspeople

Next Post

J&K awarded ‘Tourism Brand of the Year’ for revival of tourism at SATTE

Majid Kapra

Majid Kapra

majidkapra@gmail.com

Related Posts

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: India's greatest strength lies in its young population, with nearly 65 percent of the population below the age of...

Read moreDetails

Labourers’ killers’ names must be revealed: Farooq Abdullah

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 3, 2026

Anantnag: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Sunday demanded that the identity of the killers of two migrant labourers in...

Read moreDetails

Sharda to Sansad: LG urges scholars, teachers, artists to invest in preserving India’s civilizational heritage

Sharda to Sansad: LG urges scholars, teachers, artists to invest in preserving India’s civilizational heritage
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha Sunday highlighted how literature and scholarship illuminate the human spirit and connect different eras. Addressing...

Read moreDetails

J&K Govt approves ₹19.61 cr sewerage project for Ahmed Nagar, Pandach, adjoining areas

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: In a significant step towards strengthening urban infrastructure and improving public sanitation, the Government of Jammu & Kashmir has...

Read moreDetails

Jammu Railway Division earns nearly Rs 78 lakh in fines for ticketless travel in July

Locomotive of Jammu-bound train detaches from coaches in Punjab
August 3, 2026

Jammu:  The Jammu Division of Northern Railway generated about Rs 78 lakh in revenue by penalising more than 10,000 ticketless...

Read moreDetails

Land subsidence hits remote village in Poonch; several structures damaged

Land subsidence hits remote village in Poonch; several structures damaged
August 3, 2026

MENDHAR/JAMMU: At least two houses and a school building were completely damaged, and more than six other houses developed cracks...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
J&K awarded ‘Tourism Brand of the Year’ for revival of tourism at SATTE

J&K awarded ‘Tourism Brand of the Year’ for revival of tourism at SATTE

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.