• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Amit Shah assures people secure atmosphere with 360-degree security net

KI News by KI News
January 14, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Amit Shah assures people secure atmosphere with 360-degree security net
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu: The probe into the recent terror attacks in Rajouri has been handed over to the National Investigation Agency (NIA), Union Home Minister Amit Shah said on Friday, as he assured the people of Jammu region of a secure atmosphere with a new action plan having 360-degree security net.

He said strengthening Village Defence Guards (VDGs) has nothing to do with the twin attacks in Dhangri on January 01 and 02 that left seven people dead and several others injured as the “decision to empower these volunteers was taken in August last year”.

More News

SC flags low conviction in UAPA cases, says 90% trials culminate in acquittals

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas

Jailed MP Engineer Rashid’s father dies at 85

Load More

While five persons were killed in the firing on January 01, two children lost their lives in an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) explosion the next day.

“The government of India has handed over the case related to two incidents in as many days (in Dhangri) to NIA yesterday. The NIA and Jammu police will together investigate this case along with all other terror incidents in Jammu region which had taken place in the past one-and-a-half years,” Shah told a press conference after chairing a high-level security review meeting at Raj Bhavan here.

He was scheduled to visit Dhangri village but could not due to inclement weather.

“I have come here to meet the victims of the terror attack in Rajouri and share their grief. The visit cannot happen due to inclement weather but I have talked to the members of all the seven victim families on phone,” Shah, who was flanked by Lt Governor Manoj Sinha, said.

“Their courage is an example for the country and all of them were of the view that this is our region and we will not leave (under terror threat). Some of them had come from Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir and they are upbeat in their mood to fight terrorists despite such a major incident,” he said.

Shah said he will definitely come again and meet them.

Shah said that “with full empathy, the affected families would be given benefits through various schemes of the government, along with this all possible help will be provided by the LG with relief measures under his authority.”

He also assured the people that the terrorists involved in the attack would be identified and brought before the court within the shortest possible time.

On the security review meeting, the home minister said they had a detailed discussion in which all security agencies took part and conveyed that police, BSF, CRPF, SIA, and Army are 100 percent prepared to deal with any situation and stop such incidents in the future.

“The meeting also discussed in detail the issue of over-ground workers, the support system of terror groups, and their informers. We can say a 360-degree security net has been drawn (to root out terrorism) and all the agencies assured us. Our intelligence agencies are also chalked out their strategy to increase their activities,” he said.

The meeting was also attended by LG Manoj Sinha, Union Home Secretary, J&K Chief Secretary, Financial Commissioner (ACS) Home, DGP, Commander, Northern Command, Army and Intelligence, and other senior officers of BSF and CRPF among others.

Shah said a time-bound action plan has been drawn up, which envisages tightening the security grid across all areas of the Jammu division, within three months.

“I assure the citizens of Jammu that whatever may be the intention of the terrorist organizations, our security agencies will be ready to protect Jammu,” he said.

In response to another question about terrorist activities post-abrogation of Article 370 in August 2019, he reiterated that Jammu and Kashmir recorded the lowest incidents of violence and deaths during the past three years.

“You cannot say anything on the basis of one incident or some data. If you want an entire picture, you have to take into account everything since the birth of terrorism till date. After the abrogation of Article 370, the number of incidents were lowest and so are the deaths in the past three years,” he said. (With inputs from PTI & PIB)

Previous Post

LG, former CMs condole Sharad Yadav’s demise

Next Post

Mercury drops in Kashmir, Gulmarg records season’s coldest night at minus 11.0°C

KI News

KI News

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Related Posts

SC flags low conviction in UAPA cases, says 90% trials culminate in acquittals

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
May 19, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday flagged low conviction rates under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and said that...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Monday reviewed the ongoing construction works and pilgrim facilities at Shri Amarnath Shrine Board...

Read moreDetails

Jailed MP Engineer Rashid’s father dies at 85

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: The father of jailed Baramulla MP Sheikh Abdul Rashid, also known as Engineer Rashid, died at a hospital in...

Read moreDetails

CM expresses grief over demise of father of MP, MLA Khursheed Ahmad

CM assures priority redressal of public concerns
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has expressed deep grief and sorrow over the passing away of Khazir Mohammad Sheikh, father...

Read moreDetails

Person cannot be declared “history-sheeter”, placed under surveillance ‘mechanically’ HC

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh has ruled that a person cannot be declared a “history-sheeter”...

Read moreDetails

Have urged chief justices of all HCs to conduct virtual hearings: CJI

‘Imaandari’ not mere ornament to character, it sustains justice and reputation: CJI
May 19, 2026

New Delhi: Chief Justice of India Surya Kant said on Monday that he had requested the chief justices of all...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Kashmiri female athlete to represent India in UAE Alpine Slalom C’ship

Mercury drops in Kashmir, Gulmarg records season’s coldest night at minus 11.0°C

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.