• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

CBI conducts searches in connection with power project graft case flagged by ex-Governor

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
July 7, 2022
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
PWD official charge-sheeted in bribery case
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The CBI is conducting searches at 16 locations across India over the alleged graft case flagged by former Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik in awarding contract for Rs 2,200 crore civil work for the Kiru Hydro Power Project in Kishtwar in 2019.

Officials on Wednesday said the search operations are spread across two places in Srinagar, five in Jammu, five in Delhi, three in Mumbai and one in Patna at the premises of middlemen and associates involved in the project.

More News

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG

Labourers’ killers’ names must be revealed: Farooq Abdullah

Sharda to Sansad: LG urges scholars, teachers, artists to invest in preserving India’s civilizational heritage

Load More

In its three-month probe, the CBI has detected some financial transactions between the accused public servants, including the then Chairman of the Chenab Valley Power Projects (P) Ltd Navin Kumar Chaudhary and middlemen, leading to fresh round of searches, officials said.

“During investigation, evidences were found revealing the alleged role of middlemen, including the then chairman, and financial transactions between these middlemen and public servants, and accordingly, searches are being conducted at 16 locations,” CBI spokesperson RC Joshi said.

The agency is conducting searches at the premises of Rupen Patel, Chairman and Managing Director of Patel Engineering Ltd in Mumbai, Vijay Gupta and Amrendra Kumar Singh among others, officials added.

Malik, who was the governor of Jammu and Kashmir between August 23, 2018 and October 30, 2019 had claimed he was offered a Rs 300-crore bribe for clearing two files.

“After going to Kashmir, two files came to me (for clearance), one belonging to Ambani and another to an RSS-affiliated man who was a minister in the previous Mehbooba Mufti-led PDP-BJP coalition government and claimed to be very close to the prime minister (Narendra Modi),” Malik had said.

“I was informed by secretaries in both the departments that there is a scandal and I accordingly cancelled both the deals. The secretaries told me that ‘you will get Rs 150 crore each for clearing the files’ but I told them that I have come with five kurta-pyjamas and will leave with that only,” Malik had told a gathering at an event at Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan in October last year.

In its FIR pertaining to the alleged malpractices in awarding contract for civil works package of Kiru hydroelectric power project registered in April this year, the CBI had said guidelines related to e-tendering were not followed.

The CBI had also conducted a round of searches after the registration of the FIR.

“The case was registered on allegations of malpractices in award of the contract worth Rs 2,200 crore (approximately) of civil works of Kiru Hydro Electric Power Project(HEP) to a private company in the year 2019,” Joshi had earlier said.

The agency has booked Navin Kumar Chaudhary, M S Babu, former MD, M K Mittal and Arun Kumar Mishra, former directors and Patel Engineering Ltd.

“Though a decision was taken in 47th Board meeting of CVPPPL (Chenab Valley Power Projects (P) Ltd) for re-tender through e-tendering with reverse auction after cancellation of ongoing tendering process, same was not implemented (as per decision taken in 48th board meeting) and tender was finally awarded to Patel Engineering Ltd,” the FIR has alleged.

Previous Post

Two fresh LeT recruits surrender during encounter in Kulgam

Next Post

Govt orders transfer, posting of 7 JKAS officers

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: India's greatest strength lies in its young population, with nearly 65 percent of the population below the age of...

Read moreDetails

Labourers’ killers’ names must be revealed: Farooq Abdullah

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 3, 2026

Anantnag: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Sunday demanded that the identity of the killers of two migrant labourers in...

Read moreDetails

Sharda to Sansad: LG urges scholars, teachers, artists to invest in preserving India’s civilizational heritage

Sharda to Sansad: LG urges scholars, teachers, artists to invest in preserving India’s civilizational heritage
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha Sunday highlighted how literature and scholarship illuminate the human spirit and connect different eras. Addressing...

Read moreDetails

J&K Govt approves ₹19.61 cr sewerage project for Ahmed Nagar, Pandach, adjoining areas

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: In a significant step towards strengthening urban infrastructure and improving public sanitation, the Government of Jammu & Kashmir has...

Read moreDetails

Jammu Railway Division earns nearly Rs 78 lakh in fines for ticketless travel in July

Locomotive of Jammu-bound train detaches from coaches in Punjab
August 3, 2026

Jammu:  The Jammu Division of Northern Railway generated about Rs 78 lakh in revenue by penalising more than 10,000 ticketless...

Read moreDetails

Land subsidence hits remote village in Poonch; several structures damaged

Land subsidence hits remote village in Poonch; several structures damaged
August 3, 2026

MENDHAR/JAMMU: At least two houses and a school building were completely damaged, and more than six other houses developed cracks...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Deepak Kumar assigned charge of Director Prosecution Kashmir

Govt orders transfer, posting of 7 JKAS officers

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.