• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, September 1, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

14th round of India-China Corps Commander talks likely on Jan 12

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
January 8, 2022
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
6th round of Sino-India military talks lasts 14 hrs
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: India and China are likely to hold the 14th round of corps commander-level talks on January 12 with a focus on making some forward movement in the disengagement process in the remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh, people familiar with the development said on Friday.

The talks are expected to take place at the Chushul border point on the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh, they said.

Related posts

Full restoration of highway may take 20 to 25 days; two-way traffic could be made possible on the alternative route shortly: CM

Full restoration of highway may take 20 to 25 days; two-way traffic could be made possible on the alternative route shortly: CM

September 1, 2025
Home Minister Amit Shah reaches Jammu to assess flood situation

Home Minister Amit Shah reaches Jammu to assess flood situation

September 1, 2025

The Indian side is expected to press for disengagement as soon as possible in all the remaining friction points including resolution of issues in Depsang Bulge and Demchok.

The 13th round of talks had taken place on October 10 and had ended in a stalemate.

Both sides failed to make any headway in the talks with the Indian Army saying after the dialogue that the “constructive suggestions” made by it were not agreeable to the Chinese side, which also could not provide any “forward-looking” proposals.

In their virtual diplomatic talks on November 18, India and China agreed to hold the 14th round of military talks at an early date to achieve the objective of complete disengagement in remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh.

It is learnt that the Indian side had sent at least two proposals for the 14th round of talks in the last two months but the Chinese side was not responding to them positively so far.

The talks are likely to take place on January 12, said the people cited above.

The eastern Ladakh border standoff between the Indian and Chinese militaries erupted on May 5, 2020, following a violent clash in the Pangong lake areas.

Both sides gradually enhanced their deployment by rushing in tens of thousands of soldiers as well as heavy weaponry.

As a result of a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the disengagement process last year in the north and south banks of the Pangong lake and in the Gogra area.

Each side currently has around 50,000 to 60,000 troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the sensitive sector.

Previous Post

Mehbooba visits father’s grave; offers Fateh

Next Post

More snowfall likely as IMD issues red alert

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Next Post
More snowfall likely as IMD issues red alert

More snowfall likely as IMD issues red alert

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.