• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Google seeks more details in Waheed Parra case; police sends replies

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
November 15, 2021
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Google has sought more details from the Jammu and Kashmir Police on its demand of records related to email exchanges of Waheed-ur-Rehman Parra, a close aide of PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti, in connection with his alleged “links with Pakistan-based secessionist leaders and terrorists”, officials said here on Sunday.

According to officials, they had recently submitted the replies sought by the authorities seeking further details about Parra’s involvement which included the proof for linking the emails to the jailed PDP leader.

More News

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Load More

The charge-sheet, filed by the Counter Intelligence Kashmir (CIK) wing of police in June this year, had said Parra used to share information through several email services, of which three have been brought on record.

“Accordingly, a request has been forwarded through proper channels to Google US as per their standard forms and norms for providing details/contents of emails exchanged by Parra through his three email IDs,” the 19-page charge-sheet said.

The officials said the US-based company had raised some questions before executing the request and the same had been replied to recently.

Once the information is received, the CIK branch will file a supplementary charge-sheet, they added.

Parra’s lawyer as well as the PDP denied all the allegations calling them “politically motivated”.

Charging Parra under various sections of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, police had said in its charge-sheet that the US authorities have been approached through the medium of Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) via the Ministry of External Affairs for providing necessary assistance in the case.

“Google US has been requested to preserve the data of the emails (of Parra)… and Google has conveyed compliance,” the charge-sheet said.

The CIK, which is a part of the Jammu and Kashmir Police’s CID, has also asked Google to provide WhatsApp chats and data stored in the Google Drive or cloud account connected to Parra’s mobile phone and the information is expected to be received soon, officials said.

The charge-sheet had alleged that there was a prima facie evidence “sufficient to launch prosecution” against Parra “for establishing a nexus with terrorists to seek their backing for his political gains and reciprocating by way of providing a range of help and support which led to terror strikes.”

Parra was arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in November last year.

In January this year, Parra was granted bail by the NIA court in Jammu but was immediately detained by the CIK and brought to Srinagar, and at present, he is in judicial custody.

In March this year, he was charge-sheeted by the NIA, and it was alleged that Parra had paid Rs 5 crore to the son-in-law of hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani for keeping Kashmir in turmoil after the death of Burhan Wani, the poster boy of the Hizbul Mujahideen, in 2016.

The CIK had filed a case last year against unknown politicians and others based on “reliable and confidential sources” who said some political functionaries were misusing their power and helping militants.

Previous Post

Cong leaders, workers detained during ‘Jan Jagran Abhiyan’ in Jammu

Next Post

Cop injured in militant attack in Srinagar

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

   Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Security forces on Saturday intensified search operations to track down the assailants who killed two migrant labourers in Kulgam...

Read moreDetails

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

CM calls for depiction of cultural identity in new infrastructure at JK House properties across India
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday announced an ex-gratia relief of Rs 10 lakh each for the kin of...

Read moreDetails

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Locomotive of Jammu-bound train detaches from coaches in Punjab
August 2, 2026

Jammu: The Northern Railway operated three special trains in J&K on Saturday and successfully transported around 2,200 passengers stranded due...

Read moreDetails

Condemning Kulgam terror attack, Farooq Abdullah questions timing of attack; seeks probe

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 2, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Saturday condemned the Kulgam terror attack that left two migrant workers dead but...

Read moreDetails

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Saturday handed over appointment letters on compassionate grounds to the son of a head...

Read moreDetails

No society prospers on govt jobs alone: CM

Following KI report on Srinagar Smart City fiasco, CM announces inquiry
August 2, 2026

Bengaluru:  Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said no society had ever become prosperous solely through government employment or public...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Forces launch search operation in Sopore for the third time

Cop injured in militant attack in Srinagar

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.