Reyaz Rashid

Three of a family die of asphyxiation in Pattan

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Pattan: In a tragic incident, three family members including a child died of, reportedly, asphyxiation during the intervening night of Monday/Tuesday in Nehalpora village of Pattan in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.

Locals said that three family members including head of the family Mohammad Maqbool Lone along with his wife and son were sleeping in a room at their newly constructed residential house in Nehalpora Pattan . They had kept LPG gas heater on for night which caused suffocation in the room causing their death.

“Tuesday morning, when they didn’t come out of their room till late, a neigbour who visits them every morning to collect milk, knocked on the door; however, there was no response. He informed other neigbours who broke down the bolted door and found the trio dead in their room,” said a local.

Soon after locals found their bodies, they informed the police, who reached the spot immediately.

Locals identified the trio as Mohammed Maqbool Lone son of  Abdul khaliq lone (43years ), his wife Haseena Begum (40 years) and their child  Talib 2 years ).

Meanwhile, a senior police official said that a police party had reached the spot and they were ascertaining the cause of their death.

“The bodies were taken to hospital for autopsy and later handed over to the relatives for burial. Further probe has been initiated regarding the same,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *