Images News Netwok

Youth dies of electric shock in Bandipora, another injured

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar: A 22-year-old youth died of electrocution while another suffered grievous injuries in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district on Tuesday.

An official said the youth were installing iron shuttering of a shopping complex at main market in Bandipora when an iron rod came in contact with an overhead high-tension wire, injuring Irfan Ahmad Hajam and Aqib Ahmad Ahangar of Kaloosa.

Both were shifted to the district hospital where Hajam succumbed while Ahangar was referred to SMHS hospital in Srinagar for specialised treatment. His condition remains critical, said the official.

After completing medico-legal formalities, the body of deceased Hajam was handed over to his family for last rites, officials said.

Meanwhile, police has registered a case in this regard and started investigations.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *