• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home CITY & TOWNS

JKAP urges Govt to allow extraction of construction material on royalty basis

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
May 19, 2020
in CITY & TOWNS
A A
0
Altaf Bukhari reviews drainage system of Amira Kadal constituency
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

SRINAGAR: Jammu and Kashmir Apni Party (JKAP) leader Mohammad Ashraf Mir on Monday urged the government of J&K UT to allow the extraction of key construction material by the local mining contractors who have been otherwise barred due to e-tendering process.

In a statement issued here, Mir said that the blanket ban on extraction of building material has halted all type of developmental activities both in government and private sector since November 2019 in Kashmir division.

More News

Tele-Law workshop held at SKICC to boost access to justice in J&K

LG Sinha interacts with IDES probationers at Lok Bhavan

DDC Chairpersons meet LG Sinha, discuss district development issues

Load More

“The government introduced e-auction for mining activities has only favoured outside J&K contractors giving a death blow to the locals associated with this business. Since the auction took place online, the contracts were, however, not allotted to the few successful bidders. With the result the whole extraction activity has came to a standstill, not only disrupting the government and private constructions but have sky rocketed the prices of raw material for locals population,” he remarked.

The JKAP leader said the government’s move to go for e-tendering left the local contractors high and dry in view of their net worth and lack of internet facility. “While it is understandable that auctions to J&K mines were held online in order to make the process more fair but the e-auction proved disastrous for the local contractors who could not participate in the bidding process because clampdown and internet blockade in October 2019,” Mir said.

He said that since then the local contractors are not being allowed extraction of key construction material like sand, gravel, boulders, aggregate, etc, which has caused acute scarcity of raw material for developmental activities besides rendering thousands of local youth associated with extraction and mining business jobless.

“The government should revisit this entire bidding process for mining activities and ensure mass participation of local contractors in it. Till then the government should allow the local contractors to go for extraction of the construction material on the royalty basis which was in vogue prior to October 2019,” Mir demanded.

Previous Post

‘57648 JK residents evacuated through Lakhanpur, 12825 reach through special trains’

Next Post

NC seeks bailout package; incentives for Kashmir handicraft sector

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

Tele-Law workshop held at SKICC to boost access to justice in J&K

Tele-Law workshop held at SKICC to boost access to justice in J&K
February 18, 2026

Srinagar: A regional event-cum-workshop under the Tele-Law initiative of the DISHA (Designing Innovative Solutions for Holistic Access to Justice) scheme...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha interacts with IDES probationers at Lok Bhavan

LG Sinha interacts with IDES probationers at Lok Bhavan
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Tuesday interacted with probationers of the Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES) at Lok Bhavan,...

Read moreDetails

DDC Chairpersons meet LG Sinha, discuss district development issues

DDC Chairpersons meet LG Sinha, discuss district development issues
February 18, 2026

Jammu: A delegation of District Development Council (DDC) chairpersons on Tuesday called on Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha and discussed various...

Read moreDetails

Assembly Proceedings: House mourns demise of Peerzada Ghulam Ahmad Shah, Brij Mohan Sharma

Assembly Proceedings: House mourns demise of Peerzada Ghulam Ahmad Shah, Brij Mohan Sharma
February 18, 2026

JAMMU: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly today paid high tributes to former Minister Peerzada Ghulam Ahmad Shah and Former...

Read moreDetails

Over 14.29 lakh kanals of state land retrieved in JK; nearly 3 lakh kanals remain encroached

February 18, 2026

Jammu:  Jammu and Kashmir has retrieved more than 14.29 lakh kanals of state land across the Union Territory, while nearly...

Read moreDetails

Deputy CM pitches for comprehensive revamp of JKBOCWWB

February 18, 2026

JAMMU: The Deputy Chief Minister, Surinder Choudhary, today called for a comprehensive revamp of the J&K Building and Other Construction...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
NC seeks bailout package; incentives for Kashmir handicraft sector

NC seeks bailout package; incentives for Kashmir handicraft sector

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.