• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, February 23, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Police file chargesheet against 6 in case related to 2019 Ganderbal encounter

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 17, 2020
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Journalist among 10 charge-sheeted in terror case
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Police on Saturday filed a chargesheet against six people in a case related to an encounter in Ganderbal district of Jammu and Kashmir in which a Pakistani militant was killed last year, officials said.

“The police submitted a chargesheet before the competent court against the six accused, including one Pakistani terrorist who was killed in the encounter at Kullan in 2019. The case was registered at PS Gund in 2019 under ULA(P) Act and pertains to terror crime activities,” a police spokesperson said.

More News

‘Don’t share OTP, Aadhaar, bank details’: PM Modi’s tips on combating digital fraud

Three JeM terrorists killed in Kishtwar encounter

‘Sixth Khelo India Winter Games to begin at Gulmarg today

Load More

He said the accused are Farooq Ahmad Sheikh, a resident of Kullan, Rayees Ahmad Lone, a resident of Gund, Nisar Ahmad alias ‘Batchi’, a resident of Hajin, Tariq Ahmad Ganai, a resident of Fraw Haknar, Fayaz Ahmad Bhat, a resident of Kangan, and the Pakistani militant Zargam alias Talha who was killed during the encounter in November last year.

The spokesman said that as per the police investigation, the accused were involved in actively supporting, assisting and harbouring active militants in the area, and providing logistic support besides transporting them from one place to another.

“As per the investigation, their involvement was established in unlawful activities, including terror crimes,” he added.

The spokesman said one of the accused, Nisar Ahmad alias ‘Batchi’, is an active militant affiliated with proscribed outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba.

“Based on the evidence collected during the course of the investigation, they have been found to be involved in the terror crime case and accordingly while pursuing the investigations in a professional manner, on Saturday a chargesheet was presented before the Hon’ble court. All the five accused are lodged in judicial custody,” the spokesman said.

 

 

Previous Post

Ladakh students to get 5 % quota in NIT-Srinagar reserved seats

Next Post

Don’t be so apprehensive about disposal of service cases: CAT chairman to J&K HC chief justice

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

‘Don’t share OTP, Aadhaar, bank details’: PM Modi’s tips on combating digital fraud

   PM Modi pitches for ‘swadeshi’ goods
February 23, 2026

New Delhi: "Do not share your OTP, Aadhaar number, or bank account details with anyone. Most importantly, change your passwords...

Read moreDetails

Three JeM terrorists killed in Kishtwar encounter

Three JeM terrorists killed in Kishtwar encounter
February 23, 2026

Jammu: Three members of the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) terror outfit were killed in an encounter with security forces in Kishtwar...

Read moreDetails

‘Sixth Khelo India Winter Games to begin at Gulmarg today

‘Sixth Khelo India Winter Games to begin at Gulmarg today
February 23, 2026

Gulmarg: The famous ski-resort, Gulmarg is ready to host the sixth Khelo India Winter Games (KIWG) in which over 400...

Read moreDetails

‘Continued delay’ in restoration of statehood to J-K is concerning: Farooq Abdullah

NC-led govt achieved a lot in one year despite UT status: Farooq Abdullah
February 23, 2026

Srinagar: Ruling National Conference (NC) president Farooq Abdullah on Sunday expressed concern over the "continued delay" in the restoration of...

Read moreDetails

NHPC to launch desilting as Salal reservoir’s capacity shrinks 96 per cent

IWT to remain suspended until Pakistan abjures support for cross-border terror: Jal Shakti ministry
February 23, 2026

Jammu: Decades after key sediment-management facilities were rendered inoperable under the Indus Waters Treaty, the reservoir of the Salal power...

Read moreDetails

Last rites of Jammu student who died in Russia-Ukraine war held

Last rites of Jammu student who died in Russia-Ukraine war held
February 23, 2026

Jammu:  Manjinder Singh, 24, travelled to Russia on a student visa with hopes of higher education and supporting his family....

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Don’t be so apprehensive about disposal of service cases: CAT chairman to J-K HC chief justice

Don't be so apprehensive about disposal of service cases: CAT chairman to J&K HC chief justice

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.