KI News

Army dismisses reports of soldier’s abduction

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar, Mar 09: The Army on Saturday denied reports of a soldier being abducted by militants from his home in central Kashmir's Budgam district, saying he is "safe".

The family of Mohammad Yaseen, posted with the Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAKLI) Regiment, had on Friday informed the police that some people came to their house at Qazipora Chadoora in Budgam and took him away.

Yaseen was on leave.

However, a defence spokesperson Saturday said the reports of the abduction of the soldier were incorrect.

"Clarification. Media reports of the abduction of a serving Army soldier on leave from Qazipora, Chadoora, Budgam are incorrect. Individual is safe. Speculations may please be avoided," the spokesperson said in a tweet.

An Army official said they are trying to ascertain where the soldier had been on Friday night which prompted his family to approach the police.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *