An open Letter to the Hon’ble Governor of J&K
It is a joint submission / Representation on behalf of Jammu and Kashmir Combined Competitive Judiciary examination aspirants of Kashmir division 2018 who have recently qualified the prelims conducted by the public service commission and are seeking the deferment of exams by one month which are scheduled to be held from 23 March onwards as notified by the public service commission. As per notification they are supposed to write their papers at a stretch without any off day in between for which they also want an amendment in terms of two days off after every paper that would give them some more time to prepare for the every next paper.
We the aspirants of Kashmir division who have qualified recently Jammu and Kashmir Combined Competitive judiciary examination( prelims) conducted by the state public service commission want to make the following submissions and requests for redressal of our grievances:-
- We have qualified the Jammu and Kashmir Combined Competitive judiciary examinations(prelims) as conducted by the state public service commission and we have been declared eligible for the Jammu and Kashmir Combined Competitive judiciary examinations(mains) and the public service commission has notified the date of Jammu and Kashmir Combined Competitive judiciary examination(mains) starting , commencing from the 23 of march onwards
- We are seeking the postponement of our examinations for 1 month from the notified date on the ground that the harsh winter season ,Frosty weather and mounds of snow accumulated in the countryside areas like in Bandipora district ,kupwara district and Baramulla district to name a few has left the aspirants disturbed mentally as well as physically .It has badly affected the normal routine of our life as well as study because harsh winter and cold weather is not feasible and supportive to concentrate on studies .
- The entire valley especially those belonging to the far flung areas and villages of various district reel under the darkness for most of the times during winter .It further disrupts the normal study routine of aspirants and brings the study schedule to the grinding halt. Bereft of any arrangement for heating and lighting the normal studies of the aspirants take a hit. This situation debars us to give our best as it pertains to the carrier of life of all the aspirants who are worried about their future.
- We belong to the normal class of society .Maximum number of students who have made to the Jammu and Kashmir Combined Competitive judiciary examination(mains) hail from the far flung areas like kupwara, Bandipora, Baramulla, Gurez. Our families are not in a position to make for the erratic power supply by keeping heating arrangements at our disposal.
- As per the scheduled date sheet notified by the public service commission , there are no off days left in between the papers ( compulsory as well as optional ) which would make it inconvenient for the aspirants to shuttle (from home to examination centre) constantly to cover more than 80 kms to and fro for appearing in the exam
- Not having any accommodation facility near to the relevant examination centre as most of the aspirants come from far flung areas would take a toll on them mentally and leave repercussions on their studies.
it is submitted and humbly requested to his Excellency that a humanitarian and kind thought may be given to our grievance and the same to be considered in our favour.
Thus for the above reasons your Excellency is humbly requested to pass the directions for the deferment of the examination scheduled to be held from 23 march 2019 and reasonable gaps be provided in between the papers so that all the aspirants would get enough time to prepare for the exam
All aspirants via
Mir javid (9419054525)
Mohammad umer Mir (7051515651)
Mujtaba Hussain Wani (9596489833)