• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Sethi is responsible for PCB’s financial loss: Khan

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
December 23, 2018
in SPORTS
A A
0
Sethi is responsible for PCB’s financial loss: Khan
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Karachi, Dec 22 :  Former chairman Shaharyar Khan has held his successor Najam Sethi responsible for the huge financial loss suffered by the Pakistan Cricket Board after the ICC’s Disputes Resolution Committee rejected PCB’s compensation claim against the BCCI.

“I was always in favour of continuing negotiations and talks with the Indian board officials and also spoke to ICC bigwigs. It was Sethi who wanted too and eventually got approval to file the claim with the ICC committee when he was heading the board,” Khan said in an interview.

More News

Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Test series, Auqib Nabi set to be drafted in

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Load More

“The financial losses the board has now suffered, Najam Sethi is responsible for it.”

Khan was succeeded by Najam Sethi as the Pakistan Cricket Board chief in August last year.

The ICC’s Dispute Resolution Panel on Wednesday had ordered Pakistan to pay around USD 1.2 million to the BCCI after the world body rejected the PCB’s compensation claim which blamed India for lack of bilateral series between the two nations.

Sethi came under fire for pursuing the failed compensation case and on Thursday he made several tweets, absolving himself of any blame and said it was the Board Of Governors who gave approval for going ahead and claiming compensation officially through the ICC committee.

Khan, however, made it clear that it was Sethi who persuaded and convinced the Board of Governors members to approve budget for the legal expenses and to file the case with the ICC.

“Even at that time I told him that our case didn’t have much legal strength or basis and we would only suffer more financial losses, but he insisted on going ahead with it,” he said.

“In May, 2017 when I was Chairman we sent a notice of dispute to the BCCI asking them to have talks over this matter. I held talks with the ICC Chairman, Shashank Manohar and senior BCCI officials who appeared keen to resolve the matter amicably and we agreed to continue these talks.

“Don’t forget the matter was sent through lawyers to the ICC Dispute Resolution Committee in Sethi’s tenure as Chairman not mine.”

Khan expressed disappointment that the PCB had already suffered financial losses due to Indian not playing bilateral cricket with them.

“Now we have also bear these heavy costs of the case and directly hold Najam Sethi responsible for this,” he said.

Previous Post

Jammu FCS&CA Directorate shifts to City Centre

Next Post

Sajjan Kumar moves SC against conviction in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Test series, Auqib Nabi set to be drafted in

Bumrah picks up fifer but England draw parity with India by making 465 all out
August 3, 2026

New Delhi: Premier pacer Jasprit Bumrah is set to miss India's two-Test tour of Sri Lanka as he is yet...

Read moreDetails

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports
August 3, 2026

Budgam: Speaker of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Sunday inaugurated a local cricket tournament at Tujan in Budgam...

Read moreDetails

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Khelo India initiative: Block Level competitions to start from Sept 1 at Poonch
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Friday approved a revamped Khelo India Scheme and an enhanced Assistance to National Sports...

Read moreDetails

Rana calls for revival of willow cultivation to support Kashmir’s cricket bat industry

Govt committed to preserving Kashmir’s houseboat heritage: Javed Rana
August 1, 2026

Srinagar: Minister for Jal Shakti, Forest, Ecology and Environment, and Tribal Affairs, Javed Ahmed Rana, on Friday directed the concerned...

Read moreDetails

J&K Sports Council begins junior football trials for national championship

August 1, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Friday began open selection trials for the Union Territory's Junior Boys Football...

Read moreDetails

Against all odds, Kashmir’s Majid Magray set to lead India at Lord’s

J&K’s Majid Magray to lead India in mixed disability T20I series against England
July 31, 2026

For most cricketers, the road to the national team is measured in runs, wickets and performances. For Majid Magray, it...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Sajjan Kumar moves SC against conviction in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case

Sajjan Kumar moves SC against conviction in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.