Mir Zeeshan

Slain Pampore militant declined family’s ‘ghar wapsi’ calls

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Pulwama: One of the two militants killed in Arizal Budgam on Thursday and identified as Mohammad Amin Mir, alias Abu Ismail, resident of Drangbal Pampore area of South Kashmir’s Pulwama district was repeatedly approached by his family to return but he never listened to them.

Amin joined militancy on 29 July this year and was affiliated with LeT militant group. After remaining missing for a day, Mir’s family members had filed a missing report at Pampore police station.

Soon after his picture holding AK47 went viral on different social media sites, his family members uploaded a video, circulated widely on social media, pleading Mir to come back home. In the video Amin’s would be mother-in-law was seen requesting her son saying “to shun the path that he has chosen and return home for his fiancée.”

Amin’s father, Ghulam Rasool Mir, has passed away in 2016, and mother in 1993.

“Slain Amin was younger among five brothers and before joining militant ranks he was driving an auto and used to distribute milk to local shopkeepers,” said a local mourner.

“Mir was engaged to one of his relatives and was about to marry with her soon, but he left us without saying a word,” said brother of the slain militant adding, “we are struggling financially and our brother Amin was working very hard to earn for family.”

“He had also started to earmark some of money which he used to earn from his job for his marriage ceremony,” his brother added.

“Soon after the news about the killing of the militant reached the town, women including youth assembled in Pampore market and blocked the road to hold protests and police swung into action to disperse them and clashes erupted between youth and government forces,” said an eyewitness.

“Thousands of people participated in slain Amin’s funeral prayers and people from adjacent village and far off villages braved the rain and reached to attend his funeral,” said a local.

Amid pro-freedom slogans Dar was laid to rest at Kadlabal graveyard and soon after his funeral youth took to streets and pelted stones on government forces which they retaliated with tear smoke shells and pellets.

Meanwhile, officials at Pampore sub-district hospital said, “We treated four persons with minor pellet injuries in their legs who were later discharged from the hospital.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *