• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Article 35-A: Complete shutdown in Kashmir

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
August 5, 2018
in Latest News
A A
0
Article 35-A: Complete shutdown in Kashmir
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar, Aug 5: Life in Kashmir today came to a standstill due to a complete shutdown called by separatists against the legal challenge in the Supreme Court on the validity of Article 35-A, which bars people from outside Jammu and Kashmir from acquiring any immovable property in the state.

The situation across the valley is peaceful with no untoward incident reported from anywhere so far, officials said.

More News

White Knight Corps GOC reviews CI grid in Kishtwar

Minor dies, mother hurt in road accident

Driver dies after vehicle falls 50 feet in Poonch

Load More

Shops and business establishments were closed across the Valley while all kinds of transport remained off the roads due to the strike called.

The Joint Resistance Leadership (JRL) has called for a two-day strike — today and tomorrow — as Supreme Court is scheduled to hear a PIL challenging the validity of the Article 35-A tomorrow.

The state government has filed an application before the Registrar of the Supreme Court, informing that it is going to seek adjournment of the hearing of the petition in view of the “ongoing preparations for the upcoming Panchayat and urban local body and municipal elections in the state”.

The officials said security forces have been deployed in strength at vulnerable places in the city and elsewhere in Kashmir for maintaining law and order.

Various organisations included Bar Association, transporters and traders’ bodies have extended support to the shutdown call of the JRL, comprising Syed Ali Shah Geelani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Mohammad Yasin Malik.

Protests have been held across the length and breadth of Kashmir over the past few days with mainstream parties like the National Conference and PDP also holding rallies in support of continuing Article 35-A.

Previous Post

4 more militants killed in Shopian encounter

Next Post

Man killed, another injured in army firing in Ramban

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

White Knight Corps GOC reviews CI grid in Kishtwar

Top Army official reviews Air Defence Brigade’s readiness in J&K
February 17, 2026

Jammu: The General Officer Commanding of the Army’s White Knight Corps, Lieutenant General P K Mishra, on Monday visited Jammu...

Read moreDetails

Minor dies, mother hurt in road accident

4 killed, 3 injured after vehicle skids of road in Ramban
February 17, 2026

Budgam: A road accident claimed the life of a 10-year-old girl and left her mother injured in the Chadoora area...

Read moreDetails

Driver dies after vehicle falls 50 feet in Poonch

   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers
February 17, 2026

Poonch: A driver lost his life after sustaining grievous injuries when his vehicle skidded off the road and plunged nearly...

Read moreDetails

2 Pak nationals flee Jammu juvenile home

Alleged OGW escapes from Sopore police station
February 17, 2026

Jammu: Three inmates, including two Pakistani nationals, escaped from a juvenile home in the border area of Jammu after allegedly...

Read moreDetails

No major rain or snowfall forecast, isolated light snow possible in higher reaches

Temperatures dip across Kashmir, many towns record coldest night in 16 years
February 15, 2026

Srinagar: The Meteorological Centre Srinagar has forecast largely dry weather conditions across Jammu and Kashmir till February 24, with no...

Read moreDetails

Santosh Vaidya, Saloni Rai move from J&K to key GNCTD posts

Govt orders transfers in administration 
February 15, 2026

New Delhi: The Delhi Government has ordered the transfer and posting of 72 IAS officers across various departments, including two...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Man killed, another injured in army firing in Ramban

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.