Negligence of PDD, employee injured while repairing transmission line
Budgam, June 06: A Power Development Department (PDD) employee was injured while repairing electrical wires here in village Nagratkha, last evening.
Kaiser Ahmad, a native of Nagratkha climbed an electric pole for repairing work. Meanwhile a sudden electric shock made him to fall on the ground, PDD officials said.
He was taken to Budgam district hospital where he is undergoing treatment. He has received severe electric burns in his leg and hand.
Relatives accompanying Ahmad at hospital told ‘Kashmir Images’ that he had already informed grid station officials about his planned work.
“He (Ahmad) was on the pole doing his work, but suddenly grid station officials turned on the electricity which led to his sustaining electric shock,” they said.
When contacted Executive Engineer, PDD Budgam, Nasrullah Jan told this reporter, “I’m in a meeting with Mantri Sahab (minister). I will call you later.”