• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home CITY & TOWNS

Three years on, Primary School in Budgam’s Haknipora continues to remain shut

Abid Hussain by Abid Hussain
May 17, 2018
in CITY & TOWNS
A A
0
Three years on, Primary School in Budgam’s Haknipora continues to remain shut
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Haknipora (Budgam), May 16:  Established in 1970s, the Government Primary School in Budgam’s Haknipora village continues to remain shut since 2015 owing to “posting of non-local teachers in the school”.

According to the residents of Haknipora, the primary school was functioning normally when local teachers were posted here. “The student enrolment has decreased drastically,” said the residents.

More News

Dy CM reviews PWD works across Jammu region

MLA Marh, Coordination Committee delegation call on LG Manoj Sinha

Rana hears grievances of Mendhar residents

Load More

“The non-local teachers who were posted in the primary school showed very less interest in teaching as a result the students stopped attending the school, one after another,” they alleged.

Nazir Ahmad, a parent, whose two sons were enrolled in the primary school said, “I was compelled to shift my children to another school following the posting of non-local teachers there.”

According to the locals, the apathy of concerned government officials proved detrimental for the closure of Haknipora School as no official has ever taken notice of the said problem.

“When the school was about to shut, I along with few other residents of Haknipora village visited Chief Education Office and apprised the officials about the issue,”said a local Mohammad Owais.

“We were assured by the officials that they will initiate steps to ensure smooth functioning of the school, but nothing has been done so far,” he said.

When contacted Chief Education Officer (CEO) Budgam, Rouf Ahmad Shahmari said that he had no clue about closing down of the school. “I will start an enquiry in this regard,” he said.

When asked about making the school functional again, Shahmari said, “I am ready to do so, let locals approach me.”

Tags: Abid HussainBudgamChief Education OfficerGovernmentofficialsresultSchoolteaching
Previous Post

Asiea Naqash lays foundation of Rs 24 cr Sewerage System

Next Post

Foodgrain production at record 279.51 MT in 2017-18: Govt

Abid Hussain

Abid Hussain

Related Posts

Dy CM reviews PWD works across Jammu region

Dy CM reviews PWD works across Jammu region
May 18, 2026

Jammu: Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Choudhary on Sunday chaired a high-level review meeting to assess the progress of Public Works...

Read moreDetails

MLA Marh, Coordination Committee delegation call on LG Manoj Sinha

MLA Marh, Coordination Committee delegation call on LG Manoj Sinha
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: MLA Marh Surinder Kumar and a delegation of Coordination Committee Jammu Kashmir separately called on Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha...

Read moreDetails

Rana hears grievances of Mendhar residents

Rana hears grievances of Mendhar residents
May 18, 2026

Poonch: Minister for Jal Shakti, Forest, Ecology & Environment and Tribal Affairs Javed Ahmed Rana on Sunday interacted with several...

Read moreDetails

Satish Sharma attends Adhikmas Kumbh at Mattan

Satish Sharma attends Adhikmas Kumbh at Mattan
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Minister for Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Transport, Information Technology, Youth Services and Sports, and Science and Technology...

Read moreDetails

Rana launches ₹57.98 crore development projects in Mendhar

May 18, 2026

Poonch: Minister for Jal Shakti, Forest, Ecology & Environment and Tribal Affairs Javed Ahmed Rana on Sunday laid the foundation...

Read moreDetails

SMC Commissioner briefs media on Census 2027 self-enumeration drive

May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Principal Census Officer (Urban) and Commissioner of Srinagar Municipal Corporation, Faz Lul Haseeb, on Sunday briefed the media regarding...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters

Foodgrain production at record 279.51 MT in 2017-18: Govt

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.