• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

JuD chief Saeed’s new political party to launch manifesto

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 14, 2018
in NATION
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Lahore, Mar 13 : Milli Muslim League (MML), JuD chief Hafiz Saeed’s new political party, today said it will launch its manifesto here on March 23, following a Pakistani court’s decision upholding its registration as a political party ahead of polls this year.

Saeed, who has kept a low profile after the government has apparently taken over all the movable and immovable assets of his Jamaat-ud-Dawah and Falah-i-Insaniyat Foundation (FIF) and frozen their bank accounts in the country, is likely to unveil the manifesto of his party.

More News

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom

Great Nicobar project a recipe for ecological disaster: Ramesh to Defence minister

Load More

The Islamabad High Court (IHC) last week set aside the decision of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to reject the application of the MML for registration as a political party.

The ECP will decide the fate of the MML after hearing it in the coming days.

Earlier, the ECP had rejected MML’s application to register it (as a political party) on the Interior ministry’s recommendation saying the “MML has links with banned militant outfits”.

In a statement issued here today, MML president Saifullah Khalid said after the court’s decision there is no “legal hurdle” left in the way of its registration as a political party.

“Now we will launch MML manifesto on March 23 on its first founding day,” he said.

Referring to the court verdict, Khalid termed it a victory of the “Pakistan ideology”, saying the court has ordered that the MML be given a chance to play its role in national politics.

About the forthcoming general election, the MML president said it has decided to field its candidates for all national and provincial assembly seats in the polls.

“The MML will select those candidates who can not only afford electioneering expenses but also enjoy personal vote bank in the constituencies,” he said and added such candidates must believe in “supporting the Kashmiris’ freedom struggle”.

Despite the Pakistani government’s claims of having taken over all assets of the JuD and FIF and frozen their bank accounts in the country, Saeed and other leaders and activists of these banned organisations are still freely using its headquarters and offices.

The government had initiated action against Saeed’s organisations in pursuance of an ordinance issued by President Mamnoon Hussain in February amending the Anti-Terrorism Act of 1997, and allowing the state to proscribe UN Security Council-listed organisations, some of which had been exempt from prosecution.

The move had also come in the backdrop of a meeting of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), an intergovernmental money-laundering watchdog, that put Pakistan on its ‘grey’ list due to the country’s failure to control financing of terror groups.

At the FATF meeting in Paris last month, Saeed and his “charities” were top on the list of the groups that the FATF wanted Pakistan to act against.

The US Department of the Treasury has designated Saeed as a “global terrorist”.

Saeed, who is accused of having masterminded the November 2008 Mumbai attack, was also placed on the terrorism black list by the UN in December 2008.

The banned JuD head was released from house-arrest in November last year after the Pakistan government decided against detaining him further in any other case. He had been under house arrest since January last year.

Previous Post

Anganwadi workers stage sit-in; demand release of pending salaries

Next Post

DIG north chairs security meet in Handwara

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors
May 18, 2026

The Hague: Driven by shifting global geopolitics, India and the Netherlands elevated their ties to a strategic partnership and inked...

Read moreDetails

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom
May 18, 2026

The Hague: India has flatly rejected allegations of declining media freedom and erosion of religious and minority rights, asserting that...

Read moreDetails

Great Nicobar project a recipe for ecological disaster: Ramesh to Defence minister

No shortage of fuel, essential supplies in India despite West Asia crisis: Rajnath Singh
May 18, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Jairam Ramesh on Sunday wrote to Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on the Great Nicobar Island Project,...

Read moreDetails

India’s aspirations ‘no longer limited to its borders’: Modi to diaspora in Netherlands

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 17, 2026

The Hague:  Terming India a "land of opportunities", Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Saturday that the country is undergoing...

Read moreDetails

CPI(M) decries verdict in Bhojshala-Kamal Maula Mosque case, terms it matter of ‘grave’ concern

Poll result setback for BJP, INDIA bloc needs to be wary of Hindutva authoritarianism: CPI(M)
May 17, 2026

New Delhi: The Communist Party of India (Marxist) on Saturday termed the recent Madhya Pradesh High Court judgment in the...

Read moreDetails

NEET paper leak: Delhi court sends kingpin Kulkarni, accused Waghmare to 10-day CBI custody

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
May 17, 2026

New Delhi:  A Delhi court on Saturday sent the alleged kingpin in the NEET paper leak case, P V Kulkarni,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

DIG north chairs security meet in Handwara

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.