• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

We didn’t do justice to our potential: Jason Holder

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 31, 2018
in SPORTS
A A
0
We didn’t do justice to our potential: Jason Holder
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Mumbai: West Indies captain Jason Holder confessed on Monday that his team didn’t do justice to their potential in the fourth and penultimate ODI in Mumbai, but expressed optimism of bouncing back in the series decider.

“We definitely didn’t play well. The way we started the series and the way we have played so far, we certainly didn’t do any justice today,” Holder said after West Indies slumped to a massive 224-run defeat against India to trail 1-2 in the series. “We conceded too many runs. I felt it was a very good wicket. It was a wicket where once you get in, you can go really big. Unfortunately none of our batters just really gave themselves a chance to bat deep into the innings.”

More News

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

Load More

Rohit Sharma led the way for India with a whirlwind 162 while Ambati Rayudu played the ideal foil with a 100-run knock as the two put on 211-runs for the third wicket to propel the hosts to an imposing 377 for 5. Chasing the huge total, West Indies were bowled out for 153 with rookie left-arm seamer Khaleel Ahmed grabbing 3 wickets.

“Obviously cricket is played in a day and we just got to play clinical game all through the day. But it just didn’t come off today. Hopefully the guys can regroup in the next couple of days and come back strongly,” said the West Indies skipper ahead of the final game to be played on Thursday at Thiruvananthapuram.

India are currently leading the five-match series 2-1 with one ODI ending in a tie.

Holder said India’s middle-order has not been tested enough so far with the top order taking up the bulk of the pressure.

“Yeah, good players, they play really well but we have shown we can get them out. It’s just matter of being more consistent. You just have to take a bit of a gamble up front to take their wickets,” he said.

“I reckon if you get their wickets, you are obviously in the show. Obviously they are quality players, but you need to put a little bit more pressure on their middle and lower half, who probably haven’t been tested as much as their top half in this series so far,” added Holder. He conceded that it is tough bowling to attacking batsman like Rohit in these conditions.

“It’s tough. The conditions are such that they favour batters quite dominantly here. He (Rohit) is a really good player. Once he gets in there, he goes really big. We just have to hang in there, probably bowl outside off stump and try to get his wicket,” Holder said. “There’s no point in sticking to line and lengths for the first 10 overs trying to contain. You know how dangerous he can be once he gets in the flow, so you have to get him out,” he added.

 

Previous Post

Friendly loans sought to avoid dependence on one source: Asad Umar

Next Post

Municipal Committee members of Kupwara administered oath

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Indian-Australian endurance athlete Om Satija on Sunday completed his ambitious 5,000-kilometre “One India Run” campaign after reaching Srinagar, marking...

Read moreDetails

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Downtown Srinagar on Sunday witnessed the return of the iconic Khyber Run for Shahr-e-Khaas after a gap of nearly...

Read moreDetails

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Department of Youth Services and Sports on Saturday reviewed sports infrastructure projects, youth engagement programmes and district action...

Read moreDetails

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday congratulated young Rajouri boxer Mohammad Yasser for winning a gold medal at the...

Read moreDetails

National Pencak Silat course begins in Srinagar

May 17, 2026

Srinagar: A National Referee and Jury Course organised by the Indian Pencak Silat Federation commenced on Saturday at the Sher-i-Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Sports Council expands KCFL trials across Kashmir

May 17, 2026

Srinagar, May 16: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Saturday continued its district-wide football talent hunt across the Valley...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Municipal Committee members of Kupwara administered oath

Municipal Committee members of Kupwara administered oath

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.