• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Taylor, Latham guide New Zealand to win over England

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 26, 2018
in SPORTS
A A
0
Taylor, Latham guide New Zealand to win over England

HAMILTON, NEW ZEALAND - FEBRUARY 25: New Zealand batsman Ross Taylor celebrates his century during the 1st ODI between New Zealand and England at Seddon Park on February 25, 2018 in Hamilton, New Zealand. (Photo by Stu Forster/Getty Images)

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Hamilton: Ross Taylor scored his 18th one-day international century and combined in a 178-run partnership with Tom Latham to lead New Zealand to a three-wicket win over England in the first game of their five-match series at Seddon Park in Hamilton on Sunday.

Taylor (113) and Latham (79) helped the hosts recover from 27 for three in the 10th over to reach 287 for seven in the final over after England had scored a credible 284 for eight.

More News

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

Load More

While both Taylor and Latham were unable to see their side through to victory, Mitchell Santner, who scored just two from his first nine deliveries then scored another 43 from the next 18, won the game with his fourth six and finished on 45 not out.

“I needed to take it deep and give ourselves a chance,” Taylor said. “It was a little two-paced, even the slower balls kissed off different to a few days ago. “There are very small boundaries here so we backed ourselves to get 50 off five overs.”

England had batted superbly on the slow-paced pitch, with Jason Roy (49) and test captain Root combining for 79 runs after Jonny Bairstow had been dismissed early.

Root also added 42 runs with Buttler in quick time before he played around a slower delivery from Colin Munro to be bowled for 71.

Buttler and Moeen Ali (28) then added another 47 runs in 6.4 overs before Trent Boult and Tim Southee bowled superbly in the death overs to ensure the visitors did not reach 300.

New Zealand’s run chase looked to have ended inside the first 10 overs when Martin Guptill, Munro and Kane Williamson were all dismissed cheaply.

Taylor and Latham then rebuilt the innings by rotating the strike and hitting bad balls for boundaries to keep pace with the required run rate before Ben Stokes, playing his first international match since last September, broke the partnership.

Stokes, who had not played for England since an incident outside a Bristol nightclub last September, had Latham caught for 79 then had the dangerous Colin de Grandhomme caught behind for two in his next over.

“There wasn’t much between the sides,” England captain Eoin Morgan said. “We put on a really competitive score and made good inroads at the start, but they fought back really well.”

Previous Post

Tangmarg villages up in arms against PDD for pesky power cuts

Next Post

Ensuring women’s participation in every walk of life our duty: PM

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Indian-Australian endurance athlete Om Satija on Sunday completed his ambitious 5,000-kilometre “One India Run” campaign after reaching Srinagar, marking...

Read moreDetails

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Downtown Srinagar on Sunday witnessed the return of the iconic Khyber Run for Shahr-e-Khaas after a gap of nearly...

Read moreDetails

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Department of Youth Services and Sports on Saturday reviewed sports infrastructure projects, youth engagement programmes and district action...

Read moreDetails

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday congratulated young Rajouri boxer Mohammad Yasser for winning a gold medal at the...

Read moreDetails

National Pencak Silat course begins in Srinagar

May 17, 2026

Srinagar: A National Referee and Jury Course organised by the Indian Pencak Silat Federation commenced on Saturday at the Sher-i-Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Sports Council expands KCFL trials across Kashmir

May 17, 2026

Srinagar, May 16: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Saturday continued its district-wide football talent hunt across the Valley...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Ensuring women’s participation in every walk of life our duty: PM

Ensuring women's participation in every walk of life our duty: PM

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.