• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

100 militants, 43 forces’ personnel killed in JK in 6 months

KI News by KI News
July 19, 2018
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
100 militants, 43 forces’ personnel killed in JK in 6 months
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Jul 18: A total of 256 incidents of violence — a steep hike from 2017 and 2016 — have taken place in Jammu and Kashmir in just six months of 2018, Home Ministry data presented in Parliament on Wednesday revealed.

Minister of State for Home Hansraj Gangaram Ahir told the Rajya Sabha that 100 militants, 43 security personnel and 16 civilians have been killed in the 256 incidents in the strife-torn state between January 01 and July 08.

More News

SC flags low conviction in UAPA cases, says 90% trials culminate in acquittals

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas

Jailed MP Engineer Rashid’s father dies at 85

Load More

The data mentioned that 342 and 322 incidents of violence were reported in 2017 and 2016 respectively.

It said a total of 213 militants, 80 security personnel and 40 civilians were killed in 2017 while 150 militants, 82 security personnel and 15 civilians were killed in 2016 as a result of violence.

“As per reports, two youths from other states of the country have been found involved in stone pelting in Jammu and Kashmir and in this regards two separate FIRs have been registered in 2018,” Ahir said while responding to a question.

Meanwhile, Minister of State for Defence, Subhash Bhamre told Lok Sabha today that the Army lost 106 personnel, including eight officers, in battle casualties in 2017.

There were 155 non-fatal battle casualties last year, he said in a written response.

In 2017, 98 Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) and those of other ranks, and eight officers died in battle casualties which included ceasefire violations, enemy fire across the Line of Control, avalanche, militant attacks, landslide and mine blasts, the minister said.

The MoS was asked whether private companies operating in the defence sector were employing retired bureaucrats and service personnel as well as the kith and kin of bureaucrats and armed forces to “manipulate” and ensure that they have an edge over competitors.

“There is no ban on employment of retired bureaucrats, service personnel, kith and kin of bureaucrats and armed forces in private sector companies in defence sector,” he replied.

Bhamre noted that as per the existing rules, if a pensioner, who, immediately before his retirement, was a member of the Central Service group ‘A’ and wishes to accept any commercial employment before the expiry of one year from the date of retirement, shall obtain the prior sanction of government.

While granting permission in such cases, the government takes into regard the factors such as No Objection from cadre controlling authority, whether the officer has been privy to sensitive or strategic information in the last three years of his service, conflict of interest between the policies of the office the officer has held and the organisation he proposes to join, and the relevant facts, the minister stated.

Replying to another question on whether the Ordnance Factories Board (OFB) had abruptly cancelled several orders with micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), Bhamre said this was due to reduction in procurement of supplies by the Army in the light of “budget allocation of revenue expenditure in the current year”.

“Federation of MSME vendors of defence and aerospace have submitted representations which are being considered in the ministry to safeguard their interests,” he said.

Replying to another question on the strength of women officers in the defence services, the MoS said the Army has 1,561 women officers, the Air Force 1,610 and the Navy 489 women officials.

Previous Post

Defence counsel in Kathua case appointed AAG

Next Post

Cable operators asked to stop airing ‘prohibited channels’ in Kashmir

KI News

KI News

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Related Posts

SC flags low conviction in UAPA cases, says 90% trials culminate in acquittals

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
May 19, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday flagged low conviction rates under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and said that...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Monday reviewed the ongoing construction works and pilgrim facilities at Shri Amarnath Shrine Board...

Read moreDetails

Jailed MP Engineer Rashid’s father dies at 85

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: The father of jailed Baramulla MP Sheikh Abdul Rashid, also known as Engineer Rashid, died at a hospital in...

Read moreDetails

CM expresses grief over demise of father of MP, MLA Khursheed Ahmad

CM assures priority redressal of public concerns
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has expressed deep grief and sorrow over the passing away of Khazir Mohammad Sheikh, father...

Read moreDetails

Person cannot be declared “history-sheeter”, placed under surveillance ‘mechanically’ HC

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh has ruled that a person cannot be declared a “history-sheeter”...

Read moreDetails

Have urged chief justices of all HCs to conduct virtual hearings: CJI

‘Imaandari’ not mere ornament to character, it sustains justice and reputation: CJI
May 19, 2026

New Delhi: Chief Justice of India Surya Kant said on Monday that he had requested the chief justices of all...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Cable operators asked to stop airing ‘prohibited channels’ in Kashmir

Cable operators asked to stop airing ‘prohibited channels’ in Kashmir

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.