• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Govt debunks claims of Army commander ‘removal’ after Pahalgam attack as fake

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 1, 2025
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Northern Army Commander Lt Gen M V Suchindra Kumar
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The government’s Press Information Bureau (PIB) on Wednesday debunked claims made in posts by “several pro-Pakistan social media accounts” that the commander of Indian Army’s Northern Command, Lt Gen MV Suchindra Kumar, has been ‘removed’ from his post after the Pahalgam attack.

The general officer attained superannuation on April 30 after completing an “illustrious career” of four decades in the Indian Army, which in a post on X expressed “deep gratitude for his exemplary leadership, utmost professionalism and unblemished service to the nation”.

More News

Narco-terrorists, drug peddlers will be hunted down: LG Sinha

LG honors Nari Shakti with Lal Ded National Award

Irony: Forest Deptt demolishes, Minister condemns…

Load More

“Several pro-Pakistan social media accounts falsely claim that Northern Commander Lt Gen Suchindra Kumar has been removed from his post after the Pahalgam incident #PIBFactCheck The claims being made in these posts are #fake,” PIB Fact Check wrote on X.

It posted a collage of such ‘reports’ having false claims on the microblogging platform.

There have been several misleading posts on social media amid heightened tension between New Delhi and Islamabad following the recent terror attack in Pahalgam in Jammu and Kashmir. On April 22, terrorists shot dead 26 people, mostly tourists, at a meadow in Baisaran of south Kashmir’s Pahalgam.

Lt Gen Kumar had assumed charge as the General Officer Commanding-in-Chief (GOC-in-C) of the Udhampur-based Northern Command of the Indian Army in February 2024.

He attained superannuation on April 30. Lt Gen Pratik Sharma will be the new general officer commanding-in-chief of the northern command and will assume office on Thursday.

Lt Gen Kumar had earlier served as the Vice Chief of the Army Staff.

In another post on X on Wednesday, PIB Fact Check flagged that an X handle is circulating a “fake” image on social media that “falsely claims that a formal Court of Inquiry has been ordered” against Lt Gen Kumar.

“An X handle (@commandeleven), operated by ISI proxies (blocked in India), is circulating an image on social media that falsely claims that a formal Court of Inquiry has been ordered against Lieutenant General MV Suchindra Kumar of the Northern Command, who was earlier taken into custody for the Pahalgam incident.

“#PIBFactCheck This image is fake No such post has ever been done by the official X handle of @HQ_IDS_India (Headquarters Integrated Defence Staff),” it wrote on the micro-blogging platform.

Earlier in the day, the Army replying to a post by its Northern Command on X on Wednesday said the general officer was “given a befitting farewell by the brave men and women of the Command”.

“Lieutenant General MV Suchindra Kumar after completing an illustrious career of four decades in the Indian Army, today relinquished the Command of Indian Army’s Northern Command.

“He was given a befitting farewell by the brave men and women of the Command. The Indian Army expresses deep gratitude for his exemplary leadership, utmost professionalism and unblemished service to the Nation,” it said.

The Northern Command in its post wrote that Lt Gen Kumar laid a wreath to honour the supreme sacrifice of the bravehearts at Dhruva War Memorial, Udhampur on superannuation and relinquishing command of the Northern Command.

The PIB had on Monday flagged that some pro-Pakistan social media accounts are falsely claiming that ‘confidential documents’ related to the preparedness of the Indian Army have been “leaked”.

In a post on X, PIB Fact Check dubbed these documents as “fake”.

The Ministry of Defence on Sunday cautioned that a “misleading” message is doing the rounds on WhatsApp claiming that the government has opened a bank account seeking donations for the modernisation of the Indian Army.

In a statement, the ministry had debunked the message and urged people to “remain cautious and not fall prey to such fraudulent messages”.

The PIB Fact Check had also alerted people about this “misleading” message with a post on X on Sunday.

 

Previous Post

CAT Srinagar refutes social media reports about warning to Speaker

Next Post

 India, Pak troops trade fire along LoC

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Narco-terrorists, drug peddlers will be hunted down: LG Sinha

Narco-terrorists, drug peddlers will be hunted down: LG Sinha
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Tuesday issued a stern warning to the narco-terror ecosystem, saying narco-terrorists and drug-peddlers can...

Read moreDetails

LG honors Nari Shakti with Lal Ded National Award

LG honors Nari Shakti with Lal Ded National Award
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha today attended the “Lal Ded National Award Ceremony” organised by Sarhad, Pune, at Srinagar. Speaking...

Read moreDetails

Irony: Forest Deptt demolishes, Minister condemns…

Irony: Forest Deptt demolishes, Minister condemns…
May 20, 2026

Jammu: Police and Forest Department teams on Tuesday demolished over 30 structures and retrieved nearly 60 kanals of forest land...

Read moreDetails

Sajad Lone, Altaf Bukhari condemn demolition

Sajad Lone, Altaf Bukhari condemn demolition
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Peoples Conference President and MLA Handwara, Sajad Lone and Apni Party President, Syed Altaf Bukhari have...

Read moreDetails

Petrol, diesel prices raised by 90 paise a litre, second hike under a week

Petrol, diesel prices cut by 9 paise each
May 20, 2026

New Delhi: Petrol and diesel prices were raised by about 90 paise per litre on Tuesday - the second increase...

Read moreDetails

High Court quashes FIR against former Ranji cricketer

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of J&K and Ladakh High on Tuesday quashed an FIR registered against former Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Searches launched near LoC in Poonch

 India, Pak troops trade fire along LoC

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.