• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

AP train accident: Toll rises to 14

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 30, 2023
in Latest News, NATION
A A
0
AP train accident: Toll rises to 14

**EDS: SCREENSHOT VIA PTI VIDEO** Vizianagaram: Restoration work underway after multiple coaches of two passenger trains derailed following collision that killed at least 13 people injured several others, in Vizianagaram district, Monday, Oct. 30, 2023. (PTI Photo) (PTI10_30_2023_000026B)

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Visakhapatnam: The toll in the collision involving two passenger trains in Andhra Pradesh rose to 14 and the number of injured stood at 50 and traffic was affected on the Howrah-Chennai line, officials said on Monday.

“Thirteen died at the accident site itself and one succumbed while undergoing treatment,” Joint Collector Mayur Ashok said about Sunday’s incident.

More News

MeT predicts light rain, thunderstorms across J&K till May 21

Murder accused arrested in Himachal Pradesh

One killed, 19 injured in road accident in Ramban

Load More

Superintendent of Police M Deepika said 50 people were injured.

A senior Railway official said the injured had been shifted to hospitals in Visakhapatnam and Vizianagaram.

The guard of the Palasa Passenger M S Rao (58) died in the accident, along with the loco pilot, S M S Rao (52), and his assistant, Chiranjeevi (29), of the Rayagada Passenger train.

Waltair Divisional Railway Manager Saurabh Prasad of the East Coast Railway Zone (ECR) confirmed the death of the guard.

Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy visited injured at the Government General Hospital in Vizianagaram.

Accompanied by Education Minister Botcha Satyanarayana, Vizianagaram district Collector S Nagalakshmi and others, the Chief Minister inspected the treatment facilities and spoke to the victims.

Officials of the East Coast Railway (ECR) said at around 7 pm on Sunday, the Palasa Passenger train hit the Rayagada Passenger train from behind at Kantakapalli, about 40 km from here, causing three coaches to derail.

Prasad told PTI that all the affected coaches have been looked into and the locomotive was being lifted to see for a final round of checking by the NDRF if any bodies are still trapped inside the coaches or the locomotive or in the mangled mess.

Five coaches plus the locomotive got mangled. Three coaches were of the train which was ahead (Palasa Passenger) and two coaches and the engine were of the Rayagada passenger, the DRM said.

He noted that the clearance of tracks is also underway. As part of the clearance work, Prasad said two coaches were taken away and the third coach is also being tackled presently, adding that train movement could be restored today.

Further, Prasad said four OHE masts, railway electrical infrastructure, have been damaged at the accident site, spanning all the three lines.

Following the accident, several trains have either been cancelled or diverted or rescheduled by East Coast Railway and South Central Railway.

Biswajit Sahu, CPRO, East Coast Railway, said “14 passengers have died. This includes a loco pilot and a guard. About 50 people were injured out of which 29 are still in hospital. Rest had minor injuries and they have been discharged. Restoration work is going on and by this evening, hopefully, tracks will be clear to resume operation.”

He further said that the Rayagada Passenger had overshot the signal.

Expressing shock over the incident, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy also instructed officials to pay an ex-gratia amount of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of the deceased and Rs 2 lakh each to the injured from the state.

He also announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh each for the kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 each for the injured from other states, according to an official release. The ECR has set up helplines.

Previous Post

Terrorist killed as forces foil infiltration bid along LoC in Kupwara: Police

Next Post

‘Govt will make all efforts to secure their release’: Jaishankar to families of 8 Indians on death row in Qatar

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

MeT predicts light rain, thunderstorms across J&K till May 21

Temperatures dip across Kashmir, many towns record coldest night in 16 years
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: The India Meteorological Department on Tuesday forecast light rain, thundershowers, gusty winds and possible hailstorms at scattered to many...

Read moreDetails

Murder accused arrested in Himachal Pradesh

Drug peddler held in Budgam
May 20, 2026

Jammu: Police claimed to have solved a murder case within four days by arresting the accused from Himachal Pradesh's Kangra...

Read moreDetails

One killed, 19 injured in road accident in Ramban

4 killed, 3 injured after vehicle skids of road in Ramban
May 20, 2026

Banihal: A passenger bus skidded off the road and overturned in the Sangaldan mountainous belt of Ramban district on Tuesday,...

Read moreDetails

CBSE extends Class 12 scanned answer book application date to May 23

CBSE grants affiliation to PPS Srinagar and Jammu
May 20, 2026

New Delhi:  The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has extended the last date for obtaining scanned copies of evaluated...

Read moreDetails

Naxalism eradicated from country before March 31 deadline: Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 20, 2026

Jagdalpur:  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday said Naxalism has been completely eradicated from the country ahead of the...

Read moreDetails

Operation Sindoor reflected ‘smart power’ in its most complete expression, says Indian Army chief

Army chief reviews counter-terror ops, deliberates on infusion of advanced tech
May 20, 2026

New Delhi: Under Operation Sindoor, Indian forces dismantled terror infrastructure, punctured a long-standing strategic assumption, and then stopped "deliberately and...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Military talks held with China will continue: Jaishankar

'Govt will make all efforts to secure their release': Jaishankar to families of 8 Indians on death row in Qatar

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.