• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

‘Govt will make all efforts to secure their release’: Jaishankar to families of 8 Indians on death row in Qatar

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 30, 2023
in Latest News, NATION
A A
0
Military talks held with China will continue: Jaishankar
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Monday met the family members of eight former Indian Navy personnel, who have been sentenced to death by a Qatari court, and assured them that the government will make all efforts to secure their release.

Jaishankar told them that the government attaches the “highest importance” to the case and fully shares their “concerns and pain”.

More News

MeT predicts light rain, thunderstorms across J&K till May 21

Murder accused arrested in Himachal Pradesh

One killed, 19 injured in road accident in Ramban

Load More

The eight Indians were on Thursday handed down death sentences by Qatar’s Court of First Instance, a ruling described as “deeply” shocking by India which vowed to explore all legal options in the case.

“Met this morning with the families of the 8 Indians detained in Qatar. Stressed that the Government attaches the highest importance to the case. Fully share the concerns and pain of the families,” Jaishankar said on ‘X’.

“Underlined that the Government will continue to make all efforts to secure their release. Will coordinate closely with the families in that regard,” he said.

The Indian nationals, who worked with private company Al Dahra, were arrested in August last year reportedly in an alleged case of espionage. Neither the Qatari authorities nor New Delhi made the charges against the Indian nationals public.

In its reaction to the ruling by the Qatari court, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said on Thursday that it is attaching “high importance” to this case and is exploring all legal options.

The charges were filed against these Indian Navy veterans on March 25 and they were tried under Qatari law.

 

 

Previous Post

AP train accident: Toll rises to 14

Next Post

Migrant labourer shot dead in Pulwama village

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

MeT predicts light rain, thunderstorms across J&K till May 21

Temperatures dip across Kashmir, many towns record coldest night in 16 years
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: The India Meteorological Department on Tuesday forecast light rain, thundershowers, gusty winds and possible hailstorms at scattered to many...

Read moreDetails

Murder accused arrested in Himachal Pradesh

Drug peddler held in Budgam
May 20, 2026

Jammu: Police claimed to have solved a murder case within four days by arresting the accused from Himachal Pradesh's Kangra...

Read moreDetails

One killed, 19 injured in road accident in Ramban

4 killed, 3 injured after vehicle skids of road in Ramban
May 20, 2026

Banihal: A passenger bus skidded off the road and overturned in the Sangaldan mountainous belt of Ramban district on Tuesday,...

Read moreDetails

CBSE extends Class 12 scanned answer book application date to May 23

CBSE grants affiliation to PPS Srinagar and Jammu
May 20, 2026

New Delhi:  The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has extended the last date for obtaining scanned copies of evaluated...

Read moreDetails

Naxalism eradicated from country before March 31 deadline: Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 20, 2026

Jagdalpur:  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday said Naxalism has been completely eradicated from the country ahead of the...

Read moreDetails

Operation Sindoor reflected ‘smart power’ in its most complete expression, says Indian Army chief

Army chief reviews counter-terror ops, deliberates on infusion of advanced tech
May 20, 2026

New Delhi: Under Operation Sindoor, Indian forces dismantled terror infrastructure, punctured a long-standing strategic assumption, and then stopped "deliberately and...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
CRPF SI kills senior, self in Delhi

Migrant labourer shot dead in Pulwama village

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.