• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Police SI recruitment scam: J&K HC rejects bail application of accused officer, son

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
May 5, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
PIL seeks HC intervention for establishing daycare centres, old-age homes for elderly
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir High Court has rejected the bail application of a police officer and his son who were arrested by the CBI last year in connection with the police sub-inspector recruitment scam.

Justice Mohan Lal dismissed the joint bail application moved by Assistant Sub-Inspector Ashok Kumar and his son Jaisuriya Sharma, terming it “misconceived under law”.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

The police officer and his son were arrested on November 6 and 9, respectively, by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for their alleged active role in the recruitment scam and were among 33 persons charge-sheeted by the central probe agency on November 12 last year.

The Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board (JKSSB) conducted the recruitment examination in March but the list of 1,200 selected candidates, along with that of 1,300 junior engineers and 1,000 finance account assistants, was cancelled by the administration in July following allegations of paper leak and malpractice.

The CBI is investigating the sub-inspector recruitment scam.

“I am of the considered opinion that at this stage when the investigation is yet to be completed, it is the fittest case where bail ought not be granted and the petitioners/accused too have failed to carve out a strong case for bail in their favour,” the judge said in his 10-page order on Wednesday.

Kumar and his son had sought bail from the high court after their earlier application was rejected by the chief judicial magistrate, Jammu. In their latest application, the petitioners claimed the records of the case clearly reveal that there is not an iota of evidence of their role in the leak of the question paper and that they have not committed any offence.

Senior additional advocate general and CBI counsel Monika Kohli vehemently opposed the bail plea on the grounds that they, along with other accused, have indulged in a criminal conspiracy with officials of JKSSB and M/s Merit Trac Bengaluru, the company assigned the task of conduct of written examination.

She said they are among 33 accused persons indicted in the case and have played a “key role” in the scam.

“The investigation conducted so far has revealed that M/s Merit Trac Bengaluru was awarded (the contract for) conducting the written examination for the post of sub-inspectors in J&K and during the conduct of the examination, petitioners entered into criminal conspiracy with other accused based in Haryana for leak of question papers and sale of the same to the candidates in lieu of money.

“Petitioners/accused are highly influential persons and may influence the prosecution witnesses, whereby, the investigation may be prejudiced and more so the career of hundreds and thousands of aspirants have been marred/spoiled, the investigation is underway and more accused are likely to be arrested for sustained interrogation,” Kohli said.

She said that if the petitioners are enlarged on bail it will be difficult for the investigating agency to unearth the inter-state gangs operating in several states.

Agreeing with the CBI counsel, the judge said recruitment scam in government services undermines public confidence in the system and causes grave injustice to the deserving and meritorious candidates.

Kumar is accused of arranging vehicles on March 25, 2022 for transportation of candidates, including his son, from Jammu to Karnal for providing leaked question paper in lieu of money and was in constant touch with other accused persons.

On health issues of Kumar, the judge said the administration is under legal obligation to provide all medical facilities to the petitioners in judicial custody, if required.

 

Previous Post

CRPF man falls to death in Rajouri

Next Post

Pakistan foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari arrives in India to attend SCO meet

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Pakistan foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari arrives in India to attend SCO meet

Pakistan foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari arrives in India to attend SCO meet

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.