• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Babri demolition anniversary: Little extra security, but just another day in Ayodhya

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
December 6, 2022
in NATION
A A
0
Babri Masjid demolition case: SC asks Special judge to deliver verdict in 9 months
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Ayodhya (UP):  It was business as usual in the pilgrim city on Tuesday, the day that marked the 30th anniversary of the Babri mosque demolition.

In a break from the curfew-like situation on some past occasions, life remained normal in the city with schools, colleges, offices and public institutions remaining open. Police, however, remain on alert.

More News

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

13 dead, 20 injured in Palghar tempo-trailer accident

Load More

Like any other day, local people were seen queuing at the Ram temple complex for a ‘darshan’ while traffic remained heavy during morning rush hour.

Unlike in the past, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad is not celebrating any “Shaurya Diwas” (bravery day) and there are no plans by the Muslim community to observe a Black Day .

With the Supreme Court judgement in 2019 ending the Ram Janmabhoomi land dispute, people from both the communities appear to be yearning for peace.

In past years, Ayodhya used to be turned into a fortress ahead of the Babri mosque demolition anniversary. Not this time, though.

Senior Superintendent of Police, Ayodhya, Muniraj G said “routine arrangements” have been made in the city as precautionary measures.

“We are also continuously monitoring social media platforms, while hotels are also being checked,” Muniraj G, who was recently appointed as the SSP of Ayohdya, tol reporters.

“All vehicles coming into Ayodhya are being thoroughly checked. Nothing unusual has been reported so far, however, we are keeping a strict vigil,” the SSP, who inspecte the city markets on Monday night, said.

VHP spokesperson Sharad Sharma told PTI on Tuesday that no event is lined up for the day on the occasion.

Sharma had earlier said events organised to mark December 6 were toned down after the Supreme Court decision “in favour of the Hindu side”.

“The ‘Shaurya Diwas’ which used to be celebrated on December 6, it has been called off completely as our main ‘sankalp’ (vow) was fulfilled. And after that, all we wanted was a peaceful environment.

“So it was unanimously decided that no event that triggers any tension or hurts anyone should be organised”, he has said.

He said the organisation didn’t want to do anything that damages trust and communal harmony”.

However, many Muslims still feel that families of those killed in the aftermath of the Babri demolition are yet to get justice.

In two mosques of the city, recitation of the Quran was held after early morning prayers peacefully in small gatherings on Tuesday.

Babri petitioner Haji Mehboob said, “We organised Quran Khani (recitation of Quran) in remembrance of those who lost their lives in Ayodhya after demolition of Babri Mosque. No other programmes have been planned.”

Another petitioner, Iqbal Ansari said,”After the Supreme Court judgment, Muslims have forgotten everything. Ayodhya is dharam ki nagri (City of Dharma)… we have left behind what happened 30 years ago and are now talking of development.”

Three decades after the demolition of the Babri mosque, people in the city seem to have moved on and appear to be treating its anniversary on Tuesday almost like any other day.

Previous Post

Nobody should go to sleep empty stomach, govt’s duty to ensure foodgrains reach the last man: SC

Next Post

Saket Gokhale made no mistake: Mamata

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 19, 2026

Oslo:  India and Norway have firmed up a Green Strategic Partnership, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Norwegian counterpart...

Read moreDetails

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 18, 2026

Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh):  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday asserted that India is now "by and large" free from three...

Read moreDetails

13 dead, 20 injured in Palghar tempo-trailer accident

   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers
May 18, 2026

Palghar: A tempo packed with guests heading for an engagement ceremony collided with a speeding container trailer on Monday on...

Read moreDetails

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors
May 18, 2026

The Hague: Driven by shifting global geopolitics, India and the Netherlands elevated their ties to a strategic partnership and inked...

Read moreDetails

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom
May 18, 2026

The Hague: India has flatly rejected allegations of declining media freedom and erosion of religious and minority rights, asserting that...

Read moreDetails

Great Nicobar project a recipe for ecological disaster: Ramesh to Defence minister

No shortage of fuel, essential supplies in India despite West Asia crisis: Rajnath Singh
May 18, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Jairam Ramesh on Sunday wrote to Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on the Great Nicobar Island Project,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Kolkata Police-CBI face-off: Mamata’s sit-in continues

Saket Gokhale made no mistake: Mamata

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.