• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, August 12, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Babri demolition anniversary: Little extra security, but just another day in Ayodhya

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
December 6, 2022
in NATION
A A
0
Babri Masjid demolition case: SC asks Special judge to deliver verdict in 9 months
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Ayodhya (UP):  It was business as usual in the pilgrim city on Tuesday, the day that marked the 30th anniversary of the Babri mosque demolition.

In a break from the curfew-like situation on some past occasions, life remained normal in the city with schools, colleges, offices and public institutions remaining open. Police, however, remain on alert.

More News

PM Modi urges people to celebrate Independence Day with honour, pride

Lok Sabha passes two more Bills without debate as House stalemate continues

NDA, INDIA Bloc MPs face-off outside Parliament over Jharkhand police action, Ram temple donation issues

Load More

Like any other day, local people were seen queuing at the Ram temple complex for a ‘darshan’ while traffic remained heavy during morning rush hour.

Unlike in the past, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad is not celebrating any “Shaurya Diwas” (bravery day) and there are no plans by the Muslim community to observe a Black Day .

With the Supreme Court judgement in 2019 ending the Ram Janmabhoomi land dispute, people from both the communities appear to be yearning for peace.

In past years, Ayodhya used to be turned into a fortress ahead of the Babri mosque demolition anniversary. Not this time, though.

Senior Superintendent of Police, Ayodhya, Muniraj G said “routine arrangements” have been made in the city as precautionary measures.

“We are also continuously monitoring social media platforms, while hotels are also being checked,” Muniraj G, who was recently appointed as the SSP of Ayohdya, tol reporters.

“All vehicles coming into Ayodhya are being thoroughly checked. Nothing unusual has been reported so far, however, we are keeping a strict vigil,” the SSP, who inspecte the city markets on Monday night, said.

VHP spokesperson Sharad Sharma told PTI on Tuesday that no event is lined up for the day on the occasion.

Sharma had earlier said events organised to mark December 6 were toned down after the Supreme Court decision “in favour of the Hindu side”.

“The ‘Shaurya Diwas’ which used to be celebrated on December 6, it has been called off completely as our main ‘sankalp’ (vow) was fulfilled. And after that, all we wanted was a peaceful environment.

“So it was unanimously decided that no event that triggers any tension or hurts anyone should be organised”, he has said.

He said the organisation didn’t want to do anything that damages trust and communal harmony”.

However, many Muslims still feel that families of those killed in the aftermath of the Babri demolition are yet to get justice.

In two mosques of the city, recitation of the Quran was held after early morning prayers peacefully in small gatherings on Tuesday.

Babri petitioner Haji Mehboob said, “We organised Quran Khani (recitation of Quran) in remembrance of those who lost their lives in Ayodhya after demolition of Babri Mosque. No other programmes have been planned.”

Another petitioner, Iqbal Ansari said,”After the Supreme Court judgment, Muslims have forgotten everything. Ayodhya is dharam ki nagri (City of Dharma)… we have left behind what happened 30 years ago and are now talking of development.”

Three decades after the demolition of the Babri mosque, people in the city seem to have moved on and appear to be treating its anniversary on Tuesday almost like any other day.

Previous Post

Nobody should go to sleep empty stomach, govt’s duty to ensure foodgrains reach the last man: SC

Next Post

Saket Gokhale made no mistake: Mamata

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM Modi urges people to celebrate Independence Day with honour, pride

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
August 12, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday urged citizens to celebrate the Independence Day with honour, pride and glory,...

Read moreDetails

Lok Sabha passes two more Bills without debate as House stalemate continues

Govt introduces women’s reservation bill in Lok Sabha
August 12, 2026

New Delhi:  The Lok Sabha on Tuesday passed without debate two more Bills, including one seeking to rename Kerala as...

Read moreDetails

NDA, INDIA Bloc MPs face-off outside Parliament over Jharkhand police action, Ram temple donation issues

NDA, INDIA Bloc MPs face-off outside Parliament over Jharkhand police action, Ram temple donation issues
August 12, 2026

New Delhi: Ruling NDA and Opposition INDIA bloc MPs came face-to-face at Parliament's main gate on Tuesday -- with security...

Read moreDetails

Parliament passes Tribunals Reforms Bill, 2026

August 12, 2026

New Delhi:  The Rajya Sabha on Tuesday passed a bill to set up a National Tribunal Commission to select chairpersons...

Read moreDetails

Govt offer of Shah’s statement on student protests fails to end Parliament deadlock

Uproar in LS as Shah moves Bills for removal of PM, CMs, ministers arrested on criminal charges
August 11, 2026

New Delhi: The government's offer for a debate and Home Minister Amit Shah's reply on student protests and police action...

Read moreDetails

PM’s image destroyed’; Modi, Shah cannot escape consequences of their actions: Rahul

PM must tell Trump he lied on India-Pak hostilities: LoP Rahul Gandhi
August 11, 2026

New Delhi: Upping the ante against the government over the alleged police "brutalities" against student protesters, Leader of Opposition in...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Kolkata Police-CBI face-off: Mamata’s sit-in continues

Saket Gokhale made no mistake: Mamata

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.