• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, May 24, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Cong questions govt silence on veracity of ‘Galwan video’, says PM must ensure China is held accountable

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 15, 2021
in NATION
A A
0
Congress to organize Mega Tractor Rally on Nov 9 against new Land laws, Farm Laws
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The Congress on Friday questioned the silence of the government on the veracity of a video which purportedly shows injured Indian soldiers in captivity of the Chinese and said if it is genuine, then Prime Minister Narendra Modi must ensure that China is held globally accountable for indulging in war crimes.

Addressing a press conference here, Congress spokesperson Pawan Khera said what is very disturbing to every single Indian is the video of Galwan that was released by the Chinese which shows “our brave heart soldiers injured and in captivity of the Chinese”.

More News

Modi, Rubio discuss bilateral ties, West Asia crisis; Trump invites PM to White House

‘Crackdown’ on CJP, access to all accounts lost, says founder Abhijeet Dipke

Dressed as cockroach, activist creates stir in Mathura with ‘save Yamuna’ call

Load More

“The silence by our government on the veracity of this video is mind-boggling. If this video is genuine, then by all standards, this would fall within the category of war crimes for which China is definitely liable for prosecution under the International Criminal Court,” he asserted.

“Instead of patting each other’s back, the Prime Minister and Home Minister of India should ensure that China is held globally accountable for indulging in war crimes against our brave hearts,” he said.

The government has so far not reacted to the video but BJP MP Subramanian Swamy tweeted, “If authenticated then it is a horrible sight and Modi government is heartless.”

“Why Modi government did not give any state honour ceremony to the Galwan battle dead? For Pulwana non battle deaths of CRPF jawans (the bus carrying them was blown up), there was nation wide mourning,” Swamy said.

Khera said China shamelessly objects to the Indian Vice President visiting Arunachal Pradesh, it enters 5 km into India’s sovereign territory along Barahoti crossing the Tun Jun La pass in Uttarakhand and destroys our border – military infrastructure, before going back.

Chinese incursions have been seen along the upper reaches of Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh, he said.

Noting that the 13th round of Corps Commander Level Meeting was held between both the Indian and Chinese militaries and there was no agreement coming out of it, Khera said this added to the extensive infrastructural build up along the Hotsprings region including a logistical facility, artillery units and an air defence base among others, poses a potential threat to India’s strategic interests in the northern sector.

“The implications of the Chinese incursions are extremely critical, especially when the PLA isn’t even open to discuss de-escalation in two extremely strategic and critical sectors for India — Depsang and Daulat Beg Oldi,” the Congress leader said.

He said that instead of talking big like the home minister of India did yesterday, answers are expected from whoever is running this government.

Posing questions to the government, he asked when will it respond to this verbal, geographic, military and strategic aggression of China.

Why is it that on one hand China is brazenly entering into Indian territory, releasing videos of its own misdeeds, and yet our trade with China goes up by a whopping 62.7 per cent, Khera asked and wondered what kind of diplomacy, politics and governance is this.

“You first ban some apps and then do business with the enemy? – Just this week a Chinese company was invited to invest Rs. 600 crores at the Integrated Industrial Township Greater Noida Limited (DMIC – IITGNL),” he alleged.

He also questioned the government as to what actions it proposes to take against China in light of this horrific video released by the Chinese.

“Why this business as usual approach towards an enemy? What are we doing to counter the threats to our country emanating from the recent developments in Afghanistan, in which the obvious gainers are Beijing and Islamabad,” Khera said.

Why are you tolerating all-round aggression from China and doing absolutely nothing about it, he asked and added that the nation demands answers from this “weak government”.

Previous Post

Ex-PM Manmohan Singh’s condition stable, improving

Next Post

I got opportunity to lead despite having no political, dynastic background or caste backing: Modi

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Modi, Rubio discuss bilateral ties, West Asia crisis; Trump invites PM to White House

Modi, Rubio discuss bilateral ties, West Asia crisis; Trump invites PM to White House
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: India and the US will continue to work closely for the global good, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said...

Read moreDetails

‘Crackdown’ on CJP, access to all accounts lost, says founder Abhijeet Dipke

‘Crackdown’ on CJP, access to all accounts lost, says founder Abhijeet Dipke
May 23, 2026

New Delhi:  Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) founder Abhijeet Dipke on Saturday alleged a crackdown on the satirical digital outfit, saying...

Read moreDetails

Dressed as cockroach, activist creates stir in Mathura with ‘save Yamuna’ call

‘Cockroach Janata Party’ launches campaign seeking Dharmendra Pradhan’s resignation
May 23, 2026

Mathura: The Cockroach Janta Party, a satirical digital outfit that came up last week and took social media by storm,...

Read moreDetails

India to create ‘smart border’ along Pak, B’Desh to stop infiltration, attempts of demographic change: Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 23, 2026

New Delhi:  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday said the government will launch a tech-enabled "smart border" project by...

Read moreDetails

‘Had a fruitful meeting with council of ministers,’ says PM Modi

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said he had a fruitful meeting with his council of ministers where...

Read moreDetails

‘Cockroach Janata Party’ launches campaign seeking Dharmendra Pradhan’s resignation

‘Cockroach Janata Party’ launches campaign seeking Dharmendra Pradhan’s resignation
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: Back with the tagline "Cockroaches Never Die" after its original X handle was withheld in India, the "Cockroach...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Bandipora village figures in PM’s ‘Mann ki Baat’ for its fight against Covid

I got opportunity to lead despite having no political, dynastic background or caste backing: Modi

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.