• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Ali Sadpara, two other mountaineers missing on K2 declared dead

Agencies by Agencies
February 19, 2021
in SPORTS
A A
0
Ali Sadpara, two other mountaineers missing on K2 declared dead
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

GILGIT-BALTISTAN: Pakistan’s missing mountaineer Ali Sadpara and his two associates, Iceland’s John Snorri and Chile’s Juan Pablo Mohr, were declared dead on Thursday.

The news was announced in a press conference addressed by Sadpara’s son, Sajid Ali Sadpara, along with Gilgit-Baltistan’s tourism minister, Raja Nasir Ali Khan.

More News

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

Load More

The climbers had gone missing on February 5 during their winter K2 expedition, and were last seen around the mountain’s most treacherous path called the Bottleneck.

Sadpara’s son also broke the news on Twitter. Sajid tweeted, “My father Ali Sadpara and other climbers are no more in this world.”

The bereaved son added, “We belong to God, and to Him we shall return,” after announcing his father’s demise.

He further requested everyone to pray for his father’s forgiveness in the hereafter.

“The K2 has embraced my father forever,” Sajid said as he declared his father’s demise at the presser.He further added that, “To all the climbers who appreciate Ali Sadpara’s achievements and look up to him, I promise that I will carry on his dreams and missions and will continue to walk in his footsteps.”

he first search and rescue operation was launched on February 6, hours after the mountaineers were officially declared missing.

However, rescue efforts had to be suspended multiple times owing to bad weather conditions.

Addressing the media on the second day of the mountaineer’s going missing, Sajid Ali Sadpara said that the chances of the three climbers returning alive after three days were “next to none” under such harsh conditions.

Sajid suggested that the three climbers may have had an accident while descending from the K2 “Bottleneck”, considered the most dangerous route of the entire expedition.

As a week passed with no sign of the missing climbers, as well as no sign of bad weather conditions dissipating, the friends and families of the mountaineers went so far as to set up a virtual base camp for a thorough search-and-rescue effort.

“For the first time ever, this team is working with the Iceland Space Agency to review the SAR technology – that has never been used before for searching and rescuing – not the SAT technology, to cover every inch of the higher elevations of the mountain despite bad weather conditions,” read a statement issued by the friends and families from Skardu.

Previous Post

Director Agri discusses strategies for implementation of agriculture export policy

Next Post

South African becomes most expensive buy in IPL with 16.25 crore RR deal

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Indian-Australian endurance athlete Om Satija on Sunday completed his ambitious 5,000-kilometre “One India Run” campaign after reaching Srinagar, marking...

Read moreDetails

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Downtown Srinagar on Sunday witnessed the return of the iconic Khyber Run for Shahr-e-Khaas after a gap of nearly...

Read moreDetails

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Department of Youth Services and Sports on Saturday reviewed sports infrastructure projects, youth engagement programmes and district action...

Read moreDetails

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday congratulated young Rajouri boxer Mohammad Yasser for winning a gold medal at the...

Read moreDetails

National Pencak Silat course begins in Srinagar

May 17, 2026

Srinagar: A National Referee and Jury Course organised by the Indian Pencak Silat Federation commenced on Saturday at the Sher-i-Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Sports Council expands KCFL trials across Kashmir

May 17, 2026

Srinagar, May 16: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Saturday continued its district-wide football talent hunt across the Valley...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
South African becomes most expensive buy in IPL with 16.25 crore RR deal

South African becomes most expensive buy in IPL with 16.25 crore RR deal

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.