• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Ali Sadpara, two other mountaineers missing on K2 declared dead

Agencies by Agencies
February 19, 2021
in SPORTS
A A
0
Ali Sadpara, two other mountaineers missing on K2 declared dead
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

GILGIT-BALTISTAN: Pakistan’s missing mountaineer Ali Sadpara and his two associates, Iceland’s John Snorri and Chile’s Juan Pablo Mohr, were declared dead on Thursday.

The news was announced in a press conference addressed by Sadpara’s son, Sajid Ali Sadpara, along with Gilgit-Baltistan’s tourism minister, Raja Nasir Ali Khan.

More News

Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Test series, Auqib Nabi set to be drafted in

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Load More

The climbers had gone missing on February 5 during their winter K2 expedition, and were last seen around the mountain’s most treacherous path called the Bottleneck.

Sadpara’s son also broke the news on Twitter. Sajid tweeted, “My father Ali Sadpara and other climbers are no more in this world.”

The bereaved son added, “We belong to God, and to Him we shall return,” after announcing his father’s demise.

He further requested everyone to pray for his father’s forgiveness in the hereafter.

“The K2 has embraced my father forever,” Sajid said as he declared his father’s demise at the presser.He further added that, “To all the climbers who appreciate Ali Sadpara’s achievements and look up to him, I promise that I will carry on his dreams and missions and will continue to walk in his footsteps.”

he first search and rescue operation was launched on February 6, hours after the mountaineers were officially declared missing.

However, rescue efforts had to be suspended multiple times owing to bad weather conditions.

Addressing the media on the second day of the mountaineer’s going missing, Sajid Ali Sadpara said that the chances of the three climbers returning alive after three days were “next to none” under such harsh conditions.

Sajid suggested that the three climbers may have had an accident while descending from the K2 “Bottleneck”, considered the most dangerous route of the entire expedition.

As a week passed with no sign of the missing climbers, as well as no sign of bad weather conditions dissipating, the friends and families of the mountaineers went so far as to set up a virtual base camp for a thorough search-and-rescue effort.

“For the first time ever, this team is working with the Iceland Space Agency to review the SAR technology – that has never been used before for searching and rescuing – not the SAT technology, to cover every inch of the higher elevations of the mountain despite bad weather conditions,” read a statement issued by the friends and families from Skardu.

Previous Post

Director Agri discusses strategies for implementation of agriculture export policy

Next Post

South African becomes most expensive buy in IPL with 16.25 crore RR deal

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Test series, Auqib Nabi set to be drafted in

Bumrah picks up fifer but England draw parity with India by making 465 all out
August 3, 2026

New Delhi: Premier pacer Jasprit Bumrah is set to miss India's two-Test tour of Sri Lanka as he is yet...

Read moreDetails

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports
August 3, 2026

Budgam: Speaker of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Sunday inaugurated a local cricket tournament at Tujan in Budgam...

Read moreDetails

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Khelo India initiative: Block Level competitions to start from Sept 1 at Poonch
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Friday approved a revamped Khelo India Scheme and an enhanced Assistance to National Sports...

Read moreDetails

Rana calls for revival of willow cultivation to support Kashmir’s cricket bat industry

Govt committed to preserving Kashmir’s houseboat heritage: Javed Rana
August 1, 2026

Srinagar: Minister for Jal Shakti, Forest, Ecology and Environment, and Tribal Affairs, Javed Ahmed Rana, on Friday directed the concerned...

Read moreDetails

J&K Sports Council begins junior football trials for national championship

August 1, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Friday began open selection trials for the Union Territory's Junior Boys Football...

Read moreDetails

Against all odds, Kashmir’s Majid Magray set to lead India at Lord’s

J&K’s Majid Magray to lead India in mixed disability T20I series against England
July 31, 2026

For most cricketers, the road to the national team is measured in runs, wickets and performances. For Majid Magray, it...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
South African becomes most expensive buy in IPL with 16.25 crore RR deal

South African becomes most expensive buy in IPL with 16.25 crore RR deal

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.