• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home CITY & TOWNS

Those involved in Roshni scam must not be spared: Bukhari

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
November 28, 2020
in CITY & TOWNS, Latest News
A A
0
JKAP concerned over plight of non-COVID patients
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Apni Party (JKAP) president and former minister Syed Altaf Bukhari on Friday said those people involved in the Roshni scam must not be spared, asserting that the government should expose them for allegedly encroaching upon the state land illegally.

However, he said, anyone who has availed the benefits of the scheme through a proper procedure must not be harassed.

More News

MeT predicts light rain, thunderstorms across J&K till May 21

Murder accused arrested in Himachal Pradesh

One killed, 19 injured in road accident in Ramban

Load More

“If someone has encroached upon the land illegally under the scheme, he should be exposed and strict action should be taken against those involved in the scam,” Bukhari told reporters on the sidelines of a party function.

“Those who applied under the scheme legally, they should not be harassed. If there is fraud, if someone has encroached upon the government or the forest land, action should be taken. But, if there is excess against anyone, we will not stay silent. Let the process of law take its own course,” he said.

Over the past few days, the Jammu and Kashmir administration has released lists of people, including politicians, who have either availed land under the Roshni Act or encroached upon the state land.

The lists were made public by the divisional administration, both in Kashmir and Jammu regions, in accordance with the October 09 directive of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court, which declared the Roshni Act “illegal, unconstitutional and unsustainable” and ordered a CBI probe into the allotment of the land under this law.

On November 01, the Union Territory administration cancelled all land transfers that took place under the J&K State Land (Vesting of Ownership to the Occupants) Act, 2001 – also known as the Roshni Act – under which 2.5 lakh acres of land was to be transferred to the existing occupants. The principal secretary and the revenue department has been asked to work out a plan to retrieve large tracts of state land vested under the Act.

According to the high court order, a total of 6,04,602 kanals (75,575 acres) of state land had been regularised and transferred to the occupants. This included 5,71,210 kanals (71,401 acres) in Jammu and 33,392 kanals (4174 acres) in the Kashmir province.

Previous Post

Singer Anuradha Palakurthi pays tribute to Habba Khatoon with ‘Danai Posh’

Next Post

DGP chairs high level security review meet

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

MeT predicts light rain, thunderstorms across J&K till May 21

Temperatures dip across Kashmir, many towns record coldest night in 16 years
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: The India Meteorological Department on Tuesday forecast light rain, thundershowers, gusty winds and possible hailstorms at scattered to many...

Read moreDetails

Murder accused arrested in Himachal Pradesh

Drug peddler held in Budgam
May 20, 2026

Jammu: Police claimed to have solved a murder case within four days by arresting the accused from Himachal Pradesh's Kangra...

Read moreDetails

One killed, 19 injured in road accident in Ramban

4 killed, 3 injured after vehicle skids of road in Ramban
May 20, 2026

Banihal: A passenger bus skidded off the road and overturned in the Sangaldan mountainous belt of Ramban district on Tuesday,...

Read moreDetails

Satish Sharma visits Art of Living International Center in Bengaluru

Satish Sharma visits Art of Living International Center in Bengaluru
May 20, 2026

Bengaluru: Minister for Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Information Technology, Transport and Youth Services & Sports Satish Sharma on...

Read moreDetails

CS reviews roadmap for mega Youth Empowerment Programme in J&K

Chief Secy reviews Mission YUVA progress across J&K districts
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Tuesday reviewed the implementation roadmap of the proposed Youth Empowerment Programme (YEP), an ambitious...

Read moreDetails

Over 1.5 lakh households complete self-enumeration across J&K in first three days

Over 1.5 lakh households complete self-enumeration across J&K in first three days
May 20, 2026

Jammu: More than 1.50 lakh households across Jammu and Kashmir have completed self-enumeration within the first three days of the...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Anti-militancy ops to continue despite Covid-19 pandemic: DGP

DGP chairs high level security review meet

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.