• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

JAAC claims Pakistani forces have killed 37 people in last two days

Pak defence minister calls protesters 'enemies' like India

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
July 30, 2026
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Markets, streets deserted in different parts of PoK after JAAC’s protest call
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Islamabad: Jammu Kashmir Joint Awami Action Committee (JAAC), a collective of activist groups, on Wednesday said that 37 unarmed peaceful protesters and people, including women and children, who were not even protesting, have been killed by Pakistani forces in the last two days. The party’s claim could not be independently verified.

It said the violence erupted on Monday when the JAAC launched a long march, coinciding with the first phase of polls for the so-called legislative assembly in PoK.

More News

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Load More

In a statement, the JAAC said that a large number of people are critically injured with bullet wounds. “Hospitals are under forces’ control, doctors have been removed, medical stores have no medicines left. Volunteers who try to pick up the dead or injured are also being fired upon,” it said.

It urged ‘Doctors Without Borders’ to immediately send independent international medical teams to Rawalakot.

Meanwhile, shops and markets in Mirpur remained closed on Wednesday, BBC Urdu reported.

The authorities have suspended internet services in the region. Besides, there has been a complete media ban in Pakistan on the coverage of the JAAC protest.

In the first phase of elections on Monday held in 13 seats, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz secured nine seats, while the Pakistan Peoples Party got four. The second and third phases of the remaining 32 seats will be held on August 2 and 10, respectively.

It is a direct contest between the two parties in PoK because former prime minister Imran Khan’s party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has boycotted the polls. The first phase of the election was marred by violence and massive rigging allegations.

The JAAC has been holding a series of protests in PoK since last month over 12 contentious seats of the so-called regional legislative assembly. It alleges that the establishment manoeuvres these seats to install a prime minister of its choosing.

The JAAC began protests and a long march across PoK on June 9. Before Monday’s violence, 40 people had reportedly been killed during the unrest, including 34 protesters and six police and paramilitary personnel.

The government had opened negotiations with the JAAC to end the protests before the legislative assembly elections, but the talks have so far failed to yield a settlement.

There are 53 seats in the so-called PoK legislative assembly – 45 are directly elected, while eight are reserved for women, technocrats and clerics.

Meanwhile, Pakistan Defence Minister Khawaja Asif has termed the protesters in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir as “enemies” like India and ruled out dialogue with them, even as the Joint Awami Action Committee (JAAC) on Wednesday claimed that security forces have killed 37 people in the last two days.

“There will be no dialogue with the protesters. I bracket them with India. I put them in the same category as India and consider them as enemies of Pakistan,” Asif told reporters on Tuesday.

However, the Prime Minister’s Adviser Rana Sanaullah told reporters that the JAAC held a meeting with him and presented its 38 demands.

Alleging that the protesters want to seize Muzaffarabad and Mirpur through force, Sanaullah on Tuesday claimed that they were currently engaged in an “India-like attack”.

Sanaullah claimed that no one was killed in clashes between the law enforcement personnel and protesters.

Previous Post

Legislators raise developmental issues of their constituencies with CM

Next Post

J&K BJP seeks UNHRC probe into reported killings by Pakistani forces in PoK

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

   Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Security forces on Saturday intensified search operations to track down the assailants who killed two migrant labourers in Kulgam...

Read moreDetails

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

CM calls for depiction of cultural identity in new infrastructure at JK House properties across India
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday announced an ex-gratia relief of Rs 10 lakh each for the kin of...

Read moreDetails

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Locomotive of Jammu-bound train detaches from coaches in Punjab
August 2, 2026

Jammu: The Northern Railway operated three special trains in J&K on Saturday and successfully transported around 2,200 passengers stranded due...

Read moreDetails

Condemning Kulgam terror attack, Farooq Abdullah questions timing of attack; seeks probe

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 2, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Saturday condemned the Kulgam terror attack that left two migrant workers dead but...

Read moreDetails

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Saturday handed over appointment letters on compassionate grounds to the son of a head...

Read moreDetails

No society prospers on govt jobs alone: CM

Following KI report on Srinagar Smart City fiasco, CM announces inquiry
August 2, 2026

Bengaluru:  Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said no society had ever become prosperous solely through government employment or public...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Transport facilities arranged to ensure seamless participation in PM’s rally: BJP

J&K BJP seeks UNHRC probe into reported killings by Pakistani forces in PoK

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.