• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

NIA files charge against Hafiz Saeed in Pahalgam terror attack

KI News by KI News
July 7, 2026
in Latest News, TOP NEWS
A A
0
NIA arrests key accused in J&K ‘narco-terror nexus’ case
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Monday filed charges against Pakistan-based terrorist and LeT/TRF chief & founder Hafiz Saeed in the dastardly Pahalgam terror attack case.

In its supplementary chargesheet filed before the NIA Special Court, Jammu, the anti-terror agency has charged Hafiz Saeed in his individual capacity and also as the chief of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terror outfit and its active proxy organisation The Resistance Front (TRF).

More News

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Load More

The accused has been charged under various sections of Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), 2023 and the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967. NIA has also invoked the penal section against the accused for waging war against India and hatching a conspiracy from across the border in the chargesheet.

The chargesheet, filed in continuation of the original 1,597-page chargesheet, provides details of Pakistan’s conspiracy, Hafeez Saeed’s role, and supporting evidence collected by NIA in the case through meticulous scientific investigation and on-ground examination.

In its earlier chargesheet filed on 15th December 2025, NIA had chargesheeted Pakistani handler terrorist Sajid Jatt as an accused, along with three terrorists killed by security forces during Operation Mahadev in July 2025, as well as two arrested accused. It had also charged the proscribed LeT/TRF terrorist organisation as a legal entity for its role in planning, facilitating, and executing the Pahalgam terror attack.

The deadly attack in Pahalgam in Jammu & Kashmir on 22nd April, 2025 involved religion-based targeted killings by the Pak-sponsored terrorists. Twenty-five innocent tourists and one local civilian were killed in the attack. An FIR (no. 25/2025) was initially registered by Police Station Pahalgam, district Anantnag. After initial investigation by the Jammu and Kashmir Police, the case was transferred to NIA by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.

NIA continues to probe the case RC-02/2025/NIA/JMU to unravel the complete conspiracy by Pakistan, which has been actively sponsoring terrorism on Indian soil from across the border.

Red Fort blast case: NIA submits forensic report of 11 victims in Delhi court

The National Investigation Agency on Monday filed a forensic report regarding the 11 people who were killed in the Red Fort area car bomb explosion last year, court sources said.

The report was filed before Special Judge Pitambar Dutt, who will now scrutinise the report and pass further orders regarding the same, the sources said.

They said that the court, meanwhile, extended the judicial custody of nine accused persons till July 13.

Earlier, on May 14, the NIA had filed a 7,500-page chargesheet in connection with the high-intensity vehicle-borne IED blast that rocked the national capital on November 10 last year.

Last month, the NIA filed a supplementary chargesheet against three more persons, including an absconding pediatrician identified as a founding member of a terror module, for involvement in the vehicle-borne bomb blast.

This takes the number of persons chargesheeted in the case to 13, which includes prime accused Dr Umer Un Nabi, driver of the explosive-laden car who died in the blast

Previous Post

Search for two LeT terrorists continues on third day in Shopian

Next Post

Women’s empowerment key to ‘Viksit’ J&K: LG

KI News

KI News

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Related Posts

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

   Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Security forces on Saturday intensified search operations to track down the assailants who killed two migrant labourers in Kulgam...

Read moreDetails

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

CM calls for depiction of cultural identity in new infrastructure at JK House properties across India
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday announced an ex-gratia relief of Rs 10 lakh each for the kin of...

Read moreDetails

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Locomotive of Jammu-bound train detaches from coaches in Punjab
August 2, 2026

Jammu: The Northern Railway operated three special trains in J&K on Saturday and successfully transported around 2,200 passengers stranded due...

Read moreDetails

Condemning Kulgam terror attack, Farooq Abdullah questions timing of attack; seeks probe

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 2, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Saturday condemned the Kulgam terror attack that left two migrant workers dead but...

Read moreDetails

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Saturday handed over appointment letters on compassionate grounds to the son of a head...

Read moreDetails

No society prospers on govt jobs alone: CM

Following KI report on Srinagar Smart City fiasco, CM announces inquiry
August 2, 2026

Bengaluru:  Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said no society had ever become prosperous solely through government employment or public...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Women’s empowerment key to ‘Viksit’ J&K: LG

Women’s empowerment key to ‘Viksit’ J&K: LG

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.