• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home CITY & TOWNS

Test alert shows up on mobile phones; feature to be used by govt during emergencies

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 2, 2026
in CITY & TOWNS, LOCAL
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar:  Mobile phone users in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday received an emergency alert on their cellphones with a loud beep as India tested its nationwide emergency alert system, officials said.

Mobile phone users in the Union territory were surprised on Saturday morning as their phones buzzed loudly and received a flash message, the officials said.

More News

LG meets DGPC Anantnag delegation, young BJP leader and FICCI FLO member

Jitendra Singh reviews implementation of Ujh Multipurpose Project

CS lays foundation stone for restoration of historic Dharamshala in Kulgam

Load More

They said the alert, sent out at 11.42 am, was a part of the emergency alert system testing.

“This is part of the testing of the Emergency Alert System, so that accurate information can be received on time during disasters,” they said.

They said this message may appear repeatedly and asked people to not do anything.

“India launches Cell Broadcast using indigenous technology, for instant disaster alerting service for its citizens. Alert citizens, safe nation. No action is required by the public upon receipt of this message. This is a test message. – Government of India,” the flash message read.

Mehraj Ahmad, a mobile phone user here, expressed surprise when his phone made a loud beep.

“I was surprised when the message came. I did not know about it. I was startled when my phone made a loud noise. Then I read the message and understood,” Ahmad said.

He said it was a good move to alert people if there was any eventuality.

The government had already warned that they would be conducting trials of mobile-based disaster alert systems across the country, urging citizens to ignore the test messages.

Previous Post

MP Engineer Rashid’s ailing father airlifted to AIIMS Delhi

Next Post

SSP Srinagar reviews security at Lal Chowk ahead of anti-drug rally

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

LG meets DGPC Anantnag delegation, young BJP leader and FICCI FLO member

LG meets DGPC Anantnag delegation, young BJP leader and FICCI FLO member
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Sunday met a delegation of the District Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (DGPC), Anantnag, a young...

Read moreDetails

Jitendra Singh reviews implementation of Ujh Multipurpose Project

India’s efforts to eradicate TB by 2025 role model for world: Union minister Jitendra Singh
August 3, 2026

New Delhi: Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh on Sunday reviewed the implementation roadmap of the Ujh Multipurpose Project (MPP) in...

Read moreDetails

CS lays foundation stone for restoration of historic Dharamshala in Kulgam

CS lays foundation stone for restoration of historic Dharamshala in Kulgam
August 3, 2026

Kulgam: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Sunday laid the foundation stone for the restoration of the historic Dharamshala at Mata...

Read moreDetails

Restore full democratic rights, statehood to J&K: Farooq Abdullah

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: National Conference president Dr Farooq Abdullah on Sunday said Jammu and Kashmir should not remain an exception to India's...

Read moreDetails

BJP Mahila Morcha reviews preparations for Har Ghar Tiranga campaign

August 3, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Mahila Morcha on Sunday reviewed its organisational activities and finalised preparations...

Read moreDetails

KU joins nationwide anti-drug campaign, students take pledge against substance abuse

August 3, 2026

Srinagar: The University of Kashmir on Sunday joined the nationwide "GenZ Against Addiction – Nasha Mukt Yuva for Viksit Bharat...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

SSP Srinagar reviews security at Lal Chowk ahead of anti-drug rally

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.