• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Harshit Rana ruled out of IPL 2026

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 20, 2026
in SPORTS
A A
0
Harshit Rana ruled out of IPL 2026
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Kolkata: In a big blow to Kolkata Knight Riders, pacer Harshit Rana was on Friday ruled out of the entire IPL 2026 owing to the ligament injury that he sustained during a warm-up match ahead of the recent T20 World Cup.

The fast bowler suffered a ligament strain in his right knee during India’s T20 World Cup warm-up game against South Africa, following which he underwent surgery, needing an extensive rehabilitation process.

More News

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

Load More

“It is a big blow because Harshit Rana has been an integral part of this team for the last couple of seasons, also the championship season. Over the last year, he’s really grown as a cricketer,” KKR head coach Abhishek Nayar said, without giving a confirmed timeline for Rana’s return to action.

“We will always miss Harshit Rana, it’s not easy to replace him.”

The KKR team think tank is now considering a replacement for Rana with Navdeep Saini, Akash Madhwal, Simarjeet Singh, Sandeep Warrier and KM Asif having taken trials and are playing practice matches.

Asif and Warrier were called up for trials during KKR’s first training session at Eden Gardens on Wednesday, while Simarjeet had impressed earlier in Mumbai during the first phase of the trials as head of scouting Biju George and deputy Manvinder Bisla oversaw the process.

Then on Thursday, Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals pacer Madhwal and former Royal Challengers Bengaluru quick Saini joined the trials along with Simarjeet.

Nayar said they would make the announcement before the team departs for Mumbai to play their IPL 2026 opener against Mumbai Indians on March 29.

“Over the last few days, we’ve looked at a few bowlers, we’ve had to evaluate with the help of our leadership group as to who fits in and who can do that role to the best of their prowess.”

“We’re still evaluating that, but hopefully soon we’ll identify someone who we feel can make a difference.”

He further said they are awaiting a medical update from the BCCI’s Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru where Rana is undergoing rehab at the moment.

“Obviously Harshit is with the BCCI CoE… So once the Medical Team communicates to us, we’ll let you know.

“But today (Friday) is our first practice game. We’ve got one more game on the March 23. So we try and make sure we evaluate whoever we are picking before we actually make that announcement. So it’ll take a few more days, but most probably before we leave for Mumbai.

Sri Lankan pacer Matheesha Pathirana’s injury has also disturbed KKR’s plans ahead of the new season.

“Matheesha Pathirana, who has requested NOC to participate in IPL 2026, is yet to undergo the Physical Performance Test, as he is still undergoing rehabilitation to recover from injury sustained. He will undergo the tests upon completion of the recovery and rehabilitation programs,” the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) later said in a release.

As far as Varun Chakravarthy’s form is concerned, KKR skipper Ajinkya Rahane believed the break after the T20 World Cup will be good for the spinner, who went for plenty of runs in the mega event at home in February-March.

“I don’t see any problem with Varun’s bowling ability… In the T20 World Cup, opposition batters played him (Varun Chakravarthy) really well. Let’s give credit to them rather than talking about Varun.

“I think this 10-day break really helped him after especially coming after a high-intensity tournament to another high-intensity tournament,” Rahane said.

Chakravarthy was the top wicket-taker in the mega event alongside Jasprit Bumrah with 14 wickets, but gave away 9.25 runs an over for his scalps.

Previous Post

Latham shines as New Zealand beat South Africa in 3rd T20 to lead series 2-1

Next Post

Cartoon

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Indian-Australian endurance athlete Om Satija on Sunday completed his ambitious 5,000-kilometre “One India Run” campaign after reaching Srinagar, marking...

Read moreDetails

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Downtown Srinagar on Sunday witnessed the return of the iconic Khyber Run for Shahr-e-Khaas after a gap of nearly...

Read moreDetails

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Department of Youth Services and Sports on Saturday reviewed sports infrastructure projects, youth engagement programmes and district action...

Read moreDetails

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday congratulated young Rajouri boxer Mohammad Yasser for winning a gold medal at the...

Read moreDetails

National Pencak Silat course begins in Srinagar

May 17, 2026

Srinagar: A National Referee and Jury Course organised by the Indian Pencak Silat Federation commenced on Saturday at the Sher-i-Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Sports Council expands KCFL trials across Kashmir

May 17, 2026

Srinagar, May 16: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Saturday continued its district-wide football talent hunt across the Valley...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Cartoon

Cartoon

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.