• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home BUSINESS

Assets worth Rs 92 cr seized in anti-Naxal action, severe damage inflicted to ‘urban naxals’: Govt

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
December 13, 2025
in BUSINESS
A A
0
15 Naxals killed in police encounter in Chhattisgarh
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The Centre has significantly constricted the financial lifelines of Naxals with seizure of assets worth Rs 92 crore through a multi-agency coordinated action, inflicting severe moral and psychological damage to “urban naxals” by tightening control over their information networks, a government statement said Saturday.

To meet the firm target of making the country completely Naxal-free by March 2026, the government has created a dedicated vertical in the National Investigation Agency (NIA) which has seized Rs 40 crore, state authorities have seized an additional Rs 40 crore, while the Enforcement Directorate has attached assets worth Rs 12 crore.

More News

India approves just 1 Chinese FDI proposal worth Rs 1 cr, 13 Hong Kong proposals worth Rs 610.42 cr

Petrol, diesel sales soar on weak monsoon rains, LPG demand shifts to piped gas

PM Modi inaugurates Bhogapuram Airport, says Andhra poised to become manufacturing hub

Load More

“Simultaneous action has inflicted severe moral and psychological damage on urban Naxals and tightened control over their information warfare networks,” the statement said.

Giving exhaustive details of action taken against the Maoist extremists, the government said only three districts remain “most-affected” by Naxalism in 2025 compared to 36 in 2014.

In 2025 so far, 317 Naxals have been neutralised, 862 arrested and 1,973 surrendered, it said.

“A total of 28 top Naxal leaders have been neutralised, including one Central Committee Member in 2024 and five in 2025,” it said.

Listing out major successes by security forces, the government said 27 hardcore Naxals were killed in Operation Black Forest, 24 surrendered in Bijapur on May 23, 2025, and 258 surrendered in October 2025 across Chhattisgarh (197) and Maharashtra (61), including 10 senior Naxals.

“Total Naxal-affected districts have been reduced from 126 in 2014 to just 11 in 2025. Fortified police stations increased from only 66 until 2014 to 586 constructed in the last 10 years,” it said.

Police stations recording Naxal incidents dropped sharply from 330 across 76 districts in 2013 to merely 52 in 22 districts by June 2025.

In addition, 361 new security camps have been established in the last six years and 68 night-landing helipads have been built to strengthen operational reach.

“The government has adopted a unified, multi-dimensional and decisive strategy against Naxalism, replacing the scattered approach of previous governments,” the statement said.

The government has also given a parallel push to improve infrastructure in the Naxal-infested zones with 12,000 km of roads constructed in the areas between May 2014 and August 2025.

Projects for a total of 17,589 km have been approved at a cost of Rs 20,815 crore, ensuring all-weather connectivity and mobility in previously inaccessible areas, it said.

A major project to improve mobile connectivity was also undertaken with 2,343 (2G) mobile towers installed at a cost of Rs 4,080 crore in the first phase, followed by 2,542 towers sanctioned in the second phase with an investment of Rs 2,210 crore, of which 1,154 are already installed.

“Additionally, under the Aspirational Districts and 4G Saturation schemes, 8,527 (4G) towers have been approved, with 2,596 and 2,761 towers, respectively, now functional, dramatically improving communication and intelligence reach in core Naxal zones,” it said.

Banking services were promoted in the Naxal zones with the setting up of 1,804 bank branches, 1,321 ATMs and posting of 37,850 banking correspondents to give deep financial inclusion a boost.

The government also opened 5,899 post offices across 90 districts with coverage at every 5 km, bringing banking, postal and remittance services directly to remote communities previously under Naxal influence, it said.

The actions of the government in the last 11 years have ensured that the naxal violence has fallen over 70 per cent, civilian and security-force casualties have plummeted, top Maoist leadership has been systematically neutralised, and thousands of cadres have chosen mainstream life over armed struggle, the statement said.

“While pockets of resistance remain and complete eradication demands sustained vigilance till the declared deadline of 31 March 2026, the trajectory is unmistakable: the ideological and territorial backbone of the Naxal insurgency has been broken, paving the way for lasting peace and development in regions long deprived of both,” it said.

Previous Post

Modi govt ‘master’ at renaming schemes: Congress slams govt over MGNREGA name change

Next Post

Naxalism benefits nobody, only peace can pave way for development: Amit Shah

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

India approves just 1 Chinese FDI proposal worth Rs 1 cr, 13 Hong Kong proposals worth Rs 610.42 cr

India top recipient of Commonwealth FDI: Report
August 2, 2026

  New Delhi:  India approved just one Chinese FDI proposal worth Rs 1 crore, while clearing 13 applications from Hong Kong...

Read moreDetails

Petrol, diesel sales soar on weak monsoon rains, LPG demand shifts to piped gas

Petrol price hit highest level under BJP govt, diesel at record high
August 2, 2026

New Delhi: Petrol and diesel sales by India's three state-run fuel retailers rose sharply in July as below-normal monsoon rainfall...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi inaugurates Bhogapuram Airport, says Andhra poised to become manufacturing hub

Nation responds to PM’s call for fuel conservation
August 1, 2026

Visakhapatnam: Highlighting the development potential of Andhra Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said global companies are exploring opportunities...

Read moreDetails

Commercial LPG prices cut by Rs 192, ATF rates up Rs 5/litre

Niti Aayog working on proposal ‘to replace LPG subsidy with cooking subsidy’
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The prices of commercial LPG -- used in establishments such as hotels and restaurants -- were on Saturday...

Read moreDetails

Gross GST mop-up grows 15.4% to over Rs 2.11 lakh cr in July on higher imports, sales

August 1, 2026

New Delhi: Gross GST collections grew 15.4 per cent to over Rs 2.11 lakh crore in July on higher mop-up...

Read moreDetails

Cabinet approves extension of PM-KISAN scheme till FY’31 with outlay of Rs 3.15 lakh crore

Cabinet nod to expand infra, academic capacity of five IITs
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The government on Friday extended the PM-KISAN scheme for the next five years till 2030-31 with a total...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Home minister distributes job letters to victims of Pak shelling

Naxalism benefits nobody, only peace can pave way for development: Amit Shah

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.