• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

JKPSC conducts CCE as per schedule amid age relaxation row, flight cancellations

Nearly 61% candidates appear

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
December 8, 2025
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
JKPSC conducts CCE as per schedule amid age relaxation row, flight cancellations
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu/Srinagar:  Around 61 percent of candidates appeared for the Combined Competitive Examination (CCE) on Sunday as the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) went ahead with the test despite calls for postponement amid widespread flight cancellations and a row over upper age limit.

The examination was conducted in two sessions — from 10 am to 12 pm, and from 2 pm to 4 pm — as scheduled, ending last-minute uncertainty amid tension between Lok Bhavan and the Omar Abdullah government over demands to relax the upper age limit.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

The elected government, several political parties, and many aspirants had urged the JKPSC to postpone the exam.

“The examination was successfully conducted at 53 centres across Jammu and Kashmir. Of the total 22,573 registered candidates, 13,732 appeared for the tests — a turnout of 60.83 per cent — in two sessions,” JKPSC Additional Secretary and Controller of Examination, Sachin Jamwal, said.

He said the examination was conducted under strict guidelines and supervised by observers and a magistrate stationed at each centre.

Asked about the reasons for the low turnout, he said such attendance was usual, noting that in previous examinations too, the turnout had consistently remained around 60 to 61 percent.

Referring to the situation as extraordinary, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah wrote to the JKPSC chairman on Saturday, saying the ongoing disruption in flight services has caused widespread chaos, and it has been “further compounded by the prevailing uncertainty” over the Lok Bhavan’s “delay” in approving age relaxation for aspirants.

However, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha refuted the claim that the Lok Bhavan had caused a delay.

Sinha wrote on social media that he had returned the file the same day, December 02, with a query about the possibility of holding the examination on the scheduled date if the upper age limit was relaxed, but received no follow-up from the government.

The post said the JKPSC had published an advertisement for the examination on August 22, with the exam scheduled for December 07.

The commission had fixed a maximum age limit of 32 years for open merit candidates, 34 years for reserved or in-service candidates, and 35 years for physically-challenged persons.

However, the government sought relaxation of the upper age limit to 35 years for open merit candidates, 37 years for reserved or in-service candidates, and 38 years for physically-challenged candidates.

“This exam is a dream for a lot of us. We were hopeful that the relaxation would come through,” said Abhinandani Gupta, a student, while waiting outside her designated centre in Jammu.

She said a postponement would have benefited those who missed the exam, but it would have been a setback for candidates who had been preparing for it.

Another aspirant, Sahil Mathur, said many students were expecting the paper to be deferred, but the JKPSC’s midnight notification announcing that the exam would be conducted as per schedule ended the uncertainty.

Previous Post

CM trying to play ‘Mr Bechara’, shifting blame to LG: Sajad Lone on age limit row

Next Post

Our forces could have done much more during Operation Sindoor but chose restraint: Def minister

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Our forces could have done much more during Operation Sindoor but chose restraint: Def minister

Our forces could have done much more during Operation Sindoor but chose restraint: Def minister

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.