• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Telangana: Senior Maoist leaders surrender before police after decades underground

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 28, 2025
in NATION
A A
0
Telangana: Senior Maoist leaders surrender before police after decades underground
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Hyderabad: Two senior leaders of the banned CPI (Maoist)—one of them a Central Committee Member (CCM) who had been underground for more than four decades—surrendered before the police on Tuesday.

Telangana Director General of Police B Shivadhar Reddy told reporters here that P Prasad Rao (64), alias Chandranna—a Central Committee Member who had been underground for 45 years—and Bandi Prakash, alias Prabhath of the Telangana State Committee, who had been underground for 42 years, have left the CPI (Maoist) and joined the mainstream.

More News

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

13 dead, 20 injured in Palghar tempo-trailer accident

Load More

Prasad, a native of Peddapally district, joined the Radical Students Union in 1979 while pursuing his intermediate education.

Prakash, from Mancherial district, joined the Radical Youth League of the CPI (ML) People’s War in 1983.

He was most recently in charge of the Telangana State Committee Press Team and issued press statements under the name Prabhath, police said.

Their surrender follows Telangana Chief Minister A Revanth Reddy’s October 21 appeal to CPI (Maoist) members to give up arms, join the mainstream, and participate in the state’s development and welfare initiatives, the DGP said.

The two leaders cited deteriorating health, sustained pressure from security forces, ideological differences, and internal rifts within the CPI (Maoist) leadership as reasons for quitting the organisation, police said.

“The return of two senior-most Maoist leaders to the mainstream is a moral victory for the holistic and comprehensive policy adopted by the Telangana Police against the CPI (Maoist),” DGP Reddy said.

So far this year, 427 underground cadres, including two Central Committee Members and eight State Committee Members, have surrendered before the Telangana Police, he said.

“This marks a significant victory for the Telangana Police in their efforts against the CPI (Maoist),” he added.

As of now, 64 underground cadres of the CPI (Maoist) are natives of Telangana—nine of them are part of the Telangana State Committee, while the rest are operating in other states, including Chhattisgarh, the DGP said.

He added that five of the CPI (Maoist)’s nine Central Committee Members hail from Telangana.

Prasad carried a reward of Rs 25 lakh, and Prakash Rs 20 lakh. The amounts were handed over to them through demand drafts, and they will receive additional benefits under the Telangana government’s rehabilitation policy for surrendered cadres.

DGP Reddy once again appealed to all underground Maoist cadres from Telangana to return to their native villages, reunite with their families, and reintegrate into society.

He urged them to “contribute to the progress and development of Telangana through constructive participation.”

The DGP assured that all underground CPI (Maoist) cadres who choose to surrender will receive full support, protection, and assistance under the Telangana government’s comprehensive rehabilitation and reintegration programme, enabling them to rebuild their lives in a peaceful, dignified, and meaningful manner.

Previous Post

SC refuses to quash criminal case against law graduate over social media post on Babri Masjid

Next Post

J&K Girls Win Bronze at 18th Roll Ball National Championship 2025

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 19, 2026

Oslo:  India and Norway have firmed up a Green Strategic Partnership, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Norwegian counterpart...

Read moreDetails

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 18, 2026

Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh):  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday asserted that India is now "by and large" free from three...

Read moreDetails

13 dead, 20 injured in Palghar tempo-trailer accident

   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers
May 18, 2026

Palghar: A tempo packed with guests heading for an engagement ceremony collided with a speeding container trailer on Monday on...

Read moreDetails

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors
May 18, 2026

The Hague: Driven by shifting global geopolitics, India and the Netherlands elevated their ties to a strategic partnership and inked...

Read moreDetails

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom
May 18, 2026

The Hague: India has flatly rejected allegations of declining media freedom and erosion of religious and minority rights, asserting that...

Read moreDetails

Great Nicobar project a recipe for ecological disaster: Ramesh to Defence minister

No shortage of fuel, essential supplies in India despite West Asia crisis: Rajnath Singh
May 18, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Jairam Ramesh on Sunday wrote to Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on the Great Nicobar Island Project,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

J&K Girls Win Bronze at 18th Roll Ball National Championship 2025

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.