• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Mitchell Starc retires from T20Is to extend his Test and ODI cricket career

AP/ PTI by AP/ PTI
September 2, 2025
in SPORTS
A A
0
Mitchell Starc retires from T20Is to extend his Test and ODI cricket career
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Brisbane:  Veteran Australia fast bowler Mitchell Starc has retired from Twenty20 international cricket in a bid to extend his career in the Tests and ODI formats.

Starc and Test skipper Pat Cummins, two members of Australia’s long-serving pace bowling triumvirate, were missing from the national T20 squad announced Tuesday for a three-game series in New Zealand starting Oct. 1.

More News

KCFL football trials expand across Kashmir

Dr Shahid Iqbal felicitates Asian boxing champion Mohammad Yaseer

T20’s six-hitting era turns cricket bat-making into a science of precision and customisation

Load More

The 35-year-old Starc, who took 79 wickes in 65 T20 internationals for Australia, said Test cricket was his priority and he needed to prepare for an intense international schedule over the next two years.

Cummins has been rested since the test series in the Caribbean last month and has experienced some lower back pain, limiting his preparation for the Ashes series against England starting in November.

Starc wants to be at full fitness for the Ashes and test series in India next year and the next ODI World Cup in 2027, and decided something had to give.

“I have loved every minute of every T20 game I have played for Australia, particularly the 2021 World Cup — not just because we won but the incredible group and the fun along the way,” he said.

“Looking ahead (T20 retirement) is my best way forward to remain fresh, fit and at my best for those campaigns.

“It also gives the bowling group time to prepare for the T20 World Cup in the matches leading into that tournament.”

Starc has been instrumental in Australia’s success, and is second on the list of all-time wicket-takers for the national team in the T20 format. The left-arm paceman’s full-length deliveries have cemented his reputation as a strike bowler.

“Mitch should be incredibly proud of his T20 career for Australia. He was an integral member of the 2021 World Cup winning side and, as across all his cricket, had a great skill for blowing games open with his wicket taking ability,” Australia selection chairman George Bailey said.

“We will acknowledge and celebrate his T20 career at the right time, but pleasingly he remains focused on continuing to play test and ODI cricket for a long as possible.”

Previous Post

Cummins ruled out of India, NZ white-ball series; Ashes return in focus

Next Post

Confident India look to lift game against dangerous Korea in Super 4s

AP/ PTI

AP/ PTI

Related Posts

KCFL football trials expand across Kashmir

KCFL football trials expand across Kashmir
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Monday continued its Valley-wide football talent identification drive under the Kashmir Champions Football...

Read moreDetails

Dr Shahid Iqbal felicitates Asian boxing champion Mohammad Yaseer

Dr Shahid Iqbal felicitates Asian boxing champion Mohammad Yaseer
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Commissioner Secretary, Youth Services and Sports Shahid Iqbal Choudhary on Monday felicitated young boxer Mohammad Yaseer for winning a...

Read moreDetails

T20’s six-hitting era turns cricket bat-making into a science of precision and customisation

May 18, 2026

New Delhi:  Cricket's relentless shift towards power-hitting has sparked a quiet revolution far from the spotlight inside bat manufacturing units,...

Read moreDetails

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Indian-Australian endurance athlete Om Satija on Sunday completed his ambitious 5,000-kilometre “One India Run” campaign after reaching Srinagar, marking...

Read moreDetails

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Downtown Srinagar on Sunday witnessed the return of the iconic Khyber Run for Shahr-e-Khaas after a gap of nearly...

Read moreDetails

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Department of Youth Services and Sports on Saturday reviewed sports infrastructure projects, youth engagement programmes and district action...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Hockey Asia Cup: Harmanpreet’s brace hands India 3-2 win over Japan

Confident India look to lift game against dangerous Korea in Super 4s

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.