• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

10% drop in Amarnath Yatra registration after Pahalgam terror attack: LG Sinha

Says adequate security arrangements put in place for pilgrimage

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
June 27, 2025
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
10% drop in Amarnath Yatra registration after Pahalgam terror attack: LG Sinha
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha said on Thursday said there has been a drop of over 10 per cent in pilgrim registration for this year’s Amarnath Yatra in the wake of the Pahalgam terror attack.

“The pilgrim registration before the April 22 incident was going on at a good pace but after that the registrations decreased. There was a drop of 10.19 percent in registration compared to last year,” Sinha told reporters at Raj Bhavan here.

More News

SC flags low conviction in UAPA cases, says 90% trials culminate in acquittals

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas

Jailed MP Engineer Rashid’s father dies at 85

Load More

The LG said around 2.36 lakh pilgrims had registered for the yatra before the attack took place at Baisaran in Pahalgam area that left 26 persons — mostly tourists — dead.

“The confidence among the pilgrims is returning due to the steps taken by the Jammu and Kashmir Administration and the security forces which has resulted in the registrations picking up again,” he added.

Sinha said the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) has launched a process of seeking reverification from the pilgrims who had registered for the yatra before April 22.

“So far, 85000 pilgrims have reconfirmed their registration. We are hoping that the registrations will pick up in the coming days,” he said.

Asked if the terror attack had affected the Amarnath Yatra this year, Sinha said it had affected the entire Jammu and Kashmir, particularly the valley.

The LG said adequate security arrangements have been put in place for the pilgrimage which will start from July 3 and end on August 9.

“There is a three tier security at the base camps while security forces are carrying out area domination and mock drills to meet any eventuality. More police officials and CAPF personnel have been deployed while verification of all service providers has been completed,” he added.

The LG said he wanted to assure everyone that good security arrangements have been made not only for pilgrims and tourists visiting Kashmir but the local populace as well.

Sinha said while the pilgrims are welcome to travel by their private vehicles, they are requested to move along with the yatra convoy from Bhagwati Nagar base camp for better security.

He said for the comfort of the pilgrims, various steps have been taken over the past three years which includes widening of the track from four feet to 12 feet.

“The vulnerable spots have been secured by barriers…. the narrow tracks were a major cause of discomfort for the pilgrims,” he said.

The LG said the track is now motorable, right up to holy cave, but it would be used only in cases of emergency.

“The pilgrimage will go on as usual as in the past,” he added.

Sinha said the feedback of the pilgrims has been positive and the steps taken by the administration and shrine board have been appreciated.

On the suspension of heliservices during the Amarnath yatra this year, Sinha said the decision was taken in view of various factors including the recent mishaps in other states and security concerns.

“Moreover, only eight per cent pilgrims were using helicopter services for darshan,” he said.

 

Previous Post

LG meets political leaders to discuss preparations for Amarnath Yatra

Next Post

India refuses to sign SCO communique over exclusion of Pahalgam terror attack, cross-border terrorism

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

SC flags low conviction in UAPA cases, says 90% trials culminate in acquittals

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
May 19, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday flagged low conviction rates under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and said that...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Monday reviewed the ongoing construction works and pilgrim facilities at Shri Amarnath Shrine Board...

Read moreDetails

Jailed MP Engineer Rashid’s father dies at 85

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: The father of jailed Baramulla MP Sheikh Abdul Rashid, also known as Engineer Rashid, died at a hospital in...

Read moreDetails

CM expresses grief over demise of father of MP, MLA Khursheed Ahmad

CM assures priority redressal of public concerns
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has expressed deep grief and sorrow over the passing away of Khazir Mohammad Sheikh, father...

Read moreDetails

Person cannot be declared “history-sheeter”, placed under surveillance ‘mechanically’ HC

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh has ruled that a person cannot be declared a “history-sheeter”...

Read moreDetails

Have urged chief justices of all HCs to conduct virtual hearings: CJI

‘Imaandari’ not mere ornament to character, it sustains justice and reputation: CJI
May 19, 2026

New Delhi: Chief Justice of India Surya Kant said on Monday that he had requested the chief justices of all...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
India refuses to sign SCO communique over exclusion of Pahalgam terror attack, cross-border terrorism

India refuses to sign SCO communique over exclusion of Pahalgam terror attack, cross-border terrorism

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.